Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Whats the difference in: (Everything Stock)
-Hp
-Tq
-Top Speed
-Acceleration
-Gear ratios

Stuff like that.

I have a V6 and when i come into some $ i want a V8

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry i mean 99-04 so yea that works lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know why the fuel economy is so different between manual and auto? i thought manual you could shift earlier and it would be better

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
If you want a v8...

Get a mach1/cobra or an ls1... :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you want a v8...

Get a mach1/cobra or an ls1... :D

Thems fightin words around this place. . . .

Manual typically gets 2 mpg better than auto. I don't really know all the mechanics behind it so your guess is as good as mine.

But my modded V6 gets 21 mpg (Automatic)
My stock GT (Manual) gets 19 mpg

The V6 is an 04 and the GT is an 03

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Manual typically gets 2 mpg better than auto. I don't really know all the mechanics behind it so your guess is as good as mine.

why do you say there fighting words? haha and i read somewhere that:
shifting earlier will make the engine not burn as much fuel when in low RPM because the engine isnt working as hard. something like that

G

·
It's fighting words because the LS1 is a Cheby engine.

Shifting early will save gas if used properly and you are not lugging the engine. It is normally called "short shifting."

5-speeds generally get better mileage because they lose less power through the drivetrain and are geared differently. Because they have an extra gear the individual gears are closer together. That way the engine does not have as much variance between gear shifts. Theoretically you can shift a 5-speed earlier than a auto because the RPMs will drop less and you won't lug the engine as much.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's fighting words because the LS1 is a Cheby engine.

Shifting early will save gas if used properly and you are not lugging the engine. It is normally called "short shifting."

5-speeds generally get better mileage because they lose less power through the drivetrain and are geared differently. Because they have an extra gear the individual gears are closer together. That way the engine does not have as much variance between gear shifts. Theoretically you can shift a 5-speed earlier than a auto because the RPMs will drop less and you won't lug the engine as much.
oooooh smart man. Thanks

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

Pfft I'm a car enthusiast, the LS1 makes power in a stupid easy fashion and is fairly easy to work on since its still a pushrod motor.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No.

A stock 99-04 V6 has 193hp (190hp for 99-00), a GT has only 260hp. The Cobras for 99 and 01 had 310hp.
What about the Cobras from 02-04?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There were only 200 Cobras made in 2002 and they all went to Australia.
The 2003-2004 Cobra "Terminator" used a supercharged version of the 4.6 DOHC and put down an underrated 390hp.
Whoa, we learn something new everyday...how much is the "Terminator" ?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
No.

A stock 99-04 V6 has 193hp (190hp for 99-00), a GT has only 260hp. The Cobras for 99 and 01 had 310hp.
99/01 cobra's have 320hp/317tq

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oooh, well when i get a high paying job (mabey a corrections officer) i want to buy a Manual GT

·
Registered
396 Posts
No.

False, the 99/01 Cobras are rated at 320 hp and 317 ft/lb.

190hp vs 303hp.
See above.

If you want a v8...

Get a mach1/cobra but not an ls1... :D
Fixed.

If you want to make it worth your money, get a 99/01 Cobra, a Mach 1, and if you can afford it an 03/04 Cobra. As nice as a GT is, the 4V motor is a lot nicer, spins up better, and responds better to bolt ons.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you want to make it worth your money, get a 99/01 Cobra, a Mach 1, and if you can afford it an 03/04 Cobra. As nice as a GT is, the 4V motor is a lot nicer, spins up better, and responds better to bolt ons.
Wait, so a cobra isn't considered a GT?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.