Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 mustang with an edelbrock performer carb and intake manifold (non-egr) automatic transmission, power steering, and non power brakes. What vaccum lines do I have to hook up to the engine? right now I have the line running from the distributor to the carb, a line running from the front of the carb to the valve cover. I know I need to put a vaccum tree on the back but I dont know where to run those lines and also I am not sure about the hole in the manifold next to the distributor. (I was told it was for a temp sending unit in which case I need to be told what that is)

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is a temp sending unit

http://www.championmustang.com/images/Cooling System/C6DZ-10884-B.JPG

it screws into the hole next to the distributor so that it can measure the temp of the coolant running through the manifold. There is a wire hook to the probe up top that runs to the water temp gauge in your instrument panel - i don't recall the color for that wire off the top of my head, but someone here may be able to help.

As for the vacuum lines, I just installed the same set up (performer carb and intake) - I have the one running from the carb to the distributor, the large hose from the PCV valve on the valve cover to the large front port on the carb. The rear vacuum port on the manifold I have 1 hose running to a vacuum gauge in the car - this is aftermarket that I added and something you likely don't have. I believe you could just put a plug in place if you have no other vacuum draws needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I should add I have a manual transmission, so if you have an automatic, you may have more vacuum needs, I don't know as I've never worked with one.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
There is a third port on the front of carb. One ported vac to dizzy, one 3/8" manifold vac to PCV, the third can be used for auto transmission. There is another port plugged off on the rear of carb that can be used for tranny or power brake booster. Just need a fitting to put in it. Edelbrock website has a downloadable manual for your carb if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.