Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
my 1990 2.3 convertible was coming out of a shop, where they changed the heater core. Now the heater works fine again, but I stumbled over a vacuum connection in the engine compartment that sucks air, but where no vacuum hose is attached. Is there a hose missing, or only a little "dead-cap"? When I put my finger on the connection, I feel the suction of air, but I feel no other reaction from the engine or whatever by closing or opening this connection with my finger.

Jo

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
just figured out, that the missing hose has to go through the firewall (through the grommet where the AC-Hoses go through, too), but I don't know, what that special vacuum line is for.

Edit: just figured out myself: it is for the defrost flap. loosen that hose: flap doesn't work, fit that hose, all flaps are working.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
just figured out, that the missing hose has to go through the firewall (through the grommet where the AC-Hoses go through, too), but I don't know, what that special vacuum line is for.
Do the a/c vents switch from floor to vent?

·
Registered
1974 Ford Mustang, 2.3 Engine
2 Posts
Hi! I am desperately seeking vacuum diagram for my 1974 2.3 engine - carburetor car. Does anybody have a document like that? Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts