Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have a vacuum leak because of my idle and rpm and brakes not working very well, anyway the vacuum hoses were all replaced, but I still have all these issues. Where else can I search for this hard to find leak?? Please help!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Did you replace or at least check the vacuum connections at the junction where the little tiny vacuum lines meet. It is usually behind the passenger side strut tower and has 4 or 5 tiny vacuum lines of varying color such as white, black and red.
If all this is ok the only other place I can think where there would be a major leak like you describe is the vacuum reservoir which is the big round black container behind the master cylinder. This is what provide the vacuum boosting for your brakes and would explain your problem.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds like its something dealing with the brake booster since it is vacuum on our cars. There is also a large vacuum from it to the intaake, check that one for leak/crack.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Get a can of carb cleaner and spray where you think the leak(s) are. The engine will surge when you hit the leaky spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.