Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with some close up pics of there 86 gt vacuum system, I'm trying to put mine on my self. Please help.

·
Registered
221 Posts
dude its easy. egr fuel pressure regulator evap can(def delete) power brakes and possibly cruise control and hvac registry. what the problem your having? if i remeber right reds fuel pressure regulator and greens egr . (plastic vacum line color)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High idle while I'm driving or sitting still, up to 3000 rpm, and none of my vacuum lines are connected.

·
Registered
105 Posts
veryuseful.com

One of your best friends when it comes to your stang. Has wiring diagrams for just about all the components. Vacuum as well. I'd bookmark it if I were you.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I believe that is the vacuum schematic for an 87-93 and not an 86 and I say that because I save this diagram probably 12 years ago when it was posted.

·
Registered
270 Posts
PM me with specifics. I'll be glad to send you pics. All my lines are still connected (new.....but connected)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 91 lx 5.0 and am popping the same codes. I changed the O2 sensors because someone said 41 and 91 codes were for right and left O2 sensors. I still have the codes so it may be the same thing, and sometimes it does run a lil hot.

So to check this, unplug the hose from the smog pump and check the codes again? Will it create a vac leak? If the codes do go away, what do we do to fix the problem. Sorry, you kinda have to dumb it down for me...lol.

Sorry...wrong thread...Please disregard!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts