Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm going crazy. How do I know what vacuum lines go where and get connected to what!?!

Alright, I know I have to buy an extra spring and plate to hook up the kickdown linkage on my Holley. But also, umm, what else do I do for the kickdown linkage? Where's it located on the transmission? And how does it connect from all the way up by the carb all the way down to the trans?

It's been so long since I pulled my old motor out and I'm lost! This is a new motor anyway. BLARGH!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmm my 67 six cylinder had a cable to the kickdown. C4 kickdowns are all right at the shifter mechanism on the side. The nice thing is that you can happily live without the kickdown, don't let it hold up the project. You can find the bits to make it work later. Some folks never bother. When you need to go from 3rd to 2nd just yank the shifter. IIRC a V8 should have a kickdown "rod" instead of cable. I'm not the best guy to ask since I swap in AOD's which are all sorts of different.
Vacuum lines. You "have" to have: one to the passenger side of the C4 , to the modulator. Usually a bit of hose right off an intake manifold fitting to a metal line then a 2" piece of hose from tha tline to the modulator.
A vacuum advance line from the "ported" side of the carb to the distributor.
All else is optional. A choke pull-off, factory AC, vacuum brake booster. Best to get a vacuum diagram and make sure what your particular car needs. I belive they're included in the Osborne reprints of the factory "Electrical" assembly manuals and also available in a small separate (cheap) booklet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car has no options(no brake booster, no A/C, etc.). So it will have the very basic vacuum lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.