Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the forums and I noticed that this hasn't been asked yet. Seeing how I have a very specific problem ill ask the all mighty forum. Before I go on I have no real knowledge of carbs so if any of my information is bad its just what people who supposable have knowledge has told me. I have a 86 ford mustang with a 5.0. Now heres were its gets complicated. The engine use to be fuel injected till someone converted it back to carb. They used an Edelbrock 1406 but didn't hook up any of the vacuum hoses. The problem I have is the distributor is still electric as well as the power steering so the problem I have is apparently no vacuum lines? I was still going to hook up my PCV valve to the front of the carb. But one person told me since my carb is 100% mechanical I shouldn't need the vacuum lines at all and another one has told me that I should still hook it up. Seeing how people on this forum do have knowledge of cars and not just pretend can someone please help me. So basically in a nut shell do I need to hook up vacuum lines and if I do which ones. Also is my carb 100% mechanical or was the guy just trying to get me to leave and I need to find a way to get the vacuum ports used? Please someone help me with this and thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to run vacuum from the large port in the middle of your carb to PVC valve, You need to swap out dist. to dura a spark or after market HEI (50 bucks on ebay) and install nipple on back of carb for power brakes.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
You need to run vacuum from the large port in the middle of your carb to PVC valve, You need to swap out dist. to dura a spark or after market HEI (50 bucks on ebay) and install nipple on back of carb for power brakes.
Hopefully the OP figured it out after almost 3 years groucho.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts