Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k this is quie the question and i will explane it as best i can. when looking at my car from the front (90 5.0 lx) the engine is out right now when u look down to the passanger side the is a black plastic box under where the cold air intake would be there looks to be a couple like vacum line from it and a couple electrical conections what is this box and what is it for and do i need it?? and help would be greatly apprectated

G

·
You talking about theFuel Tank Vapor Charcoal Canister... It forSmog pump vapor canister located on the right hand front frame rail behind the radiator.

It's a Smog Accessories

hope this helps..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am removing my smog pump and lines with it to remove weight and clean up the look of my car so can i get rid of this plastic box??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the electrical conections from this what are they for?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my canister is not where urs is mine car is a 1990 and i think the canister is rite at the front of the engine bay by the rad it had a couple vaccum lines which i can remember where they go and one eletrical conection that comes from this box do i need this canist6er?>

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Brendin said:
my canister is not where urs is mine car is a 1990 and i think the canister is rite at the front of the engine bay by the rad it had a couple vaccum lines which i can remember where they go and one eletrical conection that comes from this box do i need this canist6er?>
Rip it all out (but save it until you are sure you dont need it). Right now I am only running vacuum lines to my fuel pressure regulator, pcv valve and brake booster. It's great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.