Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am on the final stages of my overhaul mod, I drop the motor and trans in and am in the mix of hooking everything back up. Now my question is concerning the vacuum. I have installed a new intake( CARB) and am not sure if all the vacuum lines are nessesary that are in the car. What kinda vacuum is needed for my application or is it a generic thing?, and besides the distributor and master cylinder what else needs vacuum lines?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Difficult to reply without knowing the car and engine model years, and whether it's stock (with which options) or modded.

The service manual for the car will have what vacuum connections are required, likely in both schematic and pictorial form... you DO have a service manual, yes? :smilie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a manual yes, basically the motor has a vic jr intake, I re-did the rings and bearings, b303 cam, port polished stock heads, stock distributor, and shorty headers through straight pipe exaust. I have a 650 edelbrock elec choke carb. Not sure if the helps. The reason why I ask is that there is alot of vacuum lines on car and alot seem to be going into things that i no longer have on the motor, Im just trying to keep the issues to a minimum when I fire it uo for the first time tommorow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts