Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this is going to happen soon..
I havn't listed the Mustang yet.. Would like to hear some responses for what I should let this go for.. obviously I want the most dollar for it, so it can sit longer if need be..

1972 ford mustang grande
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Holley 600
Nasa scoop hood, w/o ram air device
Body is solid, few dents nothing major..
Rebuilt C4 with maybe 2k miles on it
hooker headers/xpipe/flowmasters/tail pipes
Interior is in good shape, drivers side has tear in seat..
Pioneer speakers/headunit
Color ext=Primer black look
I HAVE CLEAN TITLE..

The top end of the 302 is dissambled and I never got around to it..
Wanted to sell as is, wondering how much I should take for it..
The 1972 is now sitting in storage, poor thang..

I recently purchased a 1969 Mustang with a 302 and dont have the money to put both on the road, so I'm selling the 1972, to be able to afford the "extras" on the 69 :) :) :)

The car was pretty rare,
A Grande Edition, with factory A/c, I have the parts minus the compressor.
Use to be a Police Vehicle...........

Extras to come with the car,
Mag Wheels & 1972 stock hubcaps

Your thoughts.. Opinions.. Feel free to Low Ball hahahaha

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Pic's...... Pic's ...... PIC's

1600.00 to 2400.00 without them. Police unit??? Never heard of a Mustang back then as a police unit.... and it only would have value if the car was ordered as such and still had any special performance original parts. Grande ....RARE? I would need to know what makes it rare?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey just hitting ya back with a reply,
the title states the car as "CP"
C for Classic
P for Is/Was a Police Vechicle

I believe it was a PA State Police car, don't quote me on that, but that's what I think it was...

I say the grande was rare due to lack of buyers in 1972 and not the many sold/made compared to earlier years, since the gov't started killing muscle cars in 72.. fuel regs.. also known as wtf did they do that for...

I could try to post some pics soon...

thanks for the response,
Alex

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah I remember gas being .35..... and our government was telling us the world was running out of supplies. Funny some people hold Jimmy Carter to this high honor after he ruined the country for 4 years.

The C/P could carry some additional value....it depends on the original components and the "curious" buyer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics
I actually have a local police officer interested in this Mustang, but he offered 2k for it, If I have to let it go for 2k.. I'll let him know..
Other then that I think I might have a buyer who offered me 4k a couple months ago, see if he still wants the Mustang, I want to keep the car local, maybe see it around a time or two :)

Mustang is currently not being listed anywhere "for sale"

Keep the feedback rolling
Thanks again,
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, don't mean to sound greedy, I just really want to get the most I can from this sell, I spent over 5k into the 1972, (I know I wont get that back) & I have not even ordered parts for the 1969 and need any extra I can make up for all the money that I will be putting into the 69 to make it a daily driver :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
nothing wrong with wanting to get the most you can for the car. If the previous offer falls through hopefully the officer can make it into what she could be...

If you dont have a Marti report I would get one and see what you can learn about how the car was ordered. It would indeed be rare if this was special order, the SSP's were introduced in 82. I've just never heard of one in 72 and I"ve been around Mustangs all my life....which is a LONG DANG TIME!!! :grinroll:

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
stupid question, but are you sure the "CP" doesn't stand for 'coupe?'

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts