Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need your help...

My boyfriend is in the middle of rebuilding his 5.0 and asked for tall valve covers for his christmas present, since he will be installing roller rockers. I found some for an EFI...they're made by ford racing.

The problem is, the hole (I guess for the oil?) on the new valve cover appears to be on the wrong side. From the pics we have of his engine, his stock valve cover has the hole on the front of the passenger side valve cover.

In the pic of the new valve covers from jegs, the hole is on the left side of each valve cover. This would put it on the rear pass or front driver side!

Is it supposed to be different with the new valve covers?! CAN it move? Please help me, I want to get the right thing!

Thanks, Tara

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
That hole can be filled with a breather on the drivers side that you wont be filling the oil through.

I would get him these. It will bring a tear to any grown man's eye.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FMS-M-6000-J302R&N=115&autoview=sku

Part no. FMS-M-6000-J302R

That one already has the oil fill spout built in (like from the factory).

Also, the valve covers can go on either side, the only problem you run into is
1. the factory design has the valve cover spout running a hose to the throttle body to reburn blowby gases and
2. there is not always room on the drivers side of the motor for an oil fill spout because of the upper intake manifold.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yup, they sound like they're more for a carburated application. The EFI ones seal up more airtight than the carb style ones. But you can still definitely make 'em work fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those look nice! And the picture shows the hole on the front passenger side! One question, though....don't his have to be the tall kind since he is getting roller rockers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i dont think they NEED to be, but tall vavle cover make and engine look a little beefier. If he said he wants tall ones, I'd say go with the tall ones.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Joes 5.0 is right.....im running 93 fox valve covers on my 94 with 1.7 rollers...but if he wants tall ones better make him happy...lol

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Don't forget to get him some valve cover gaskets!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.