Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, quick question on the VAP Auto Windstar intake system. On their site VAP has stated that they are discontinuing the Windstar intake "SOON".

I've emailed VAP (Steven) several times inquiring if I could get one of these kits before they're officially gone, but have had no reply. Is anyone aware of the status of the company/Steven as to why this might be?

This has been on my list of mods for a while and if it's being discontinued I'd prob pull the trigger on it now while I still can.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
765 Posts
VAP had discontinued them months ago, maybe April or May or so. I'm assuming that he hasn't emailed you back, because they're out of the kits. He said that he'd still offer some of the parts, though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you might be able to go to a junk yard and pick up a windstar intake and maybe try and email again for like detailed instruction on how to do it or any kind of help.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
you can make your own kit if you can cut some metal for brackets and tap the intake for the iac relocation

hey wes i was in benton yesterday lol

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
just so you know in cali this mod will almost definitely not pass smog inspection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I'm assuming that he hasn't emailed you back, because they're out of the kits. He said that he'd still offer some of the parts, though.
Yeah, I just figured I'd at least get a response on the inquiry and that he would still be available for an email reply. Then again, if the kit is discontinued maybe he's not monitoring the site or emails any more.

you can make your own kit if you can cut some metal for brackets and tap the intake for the iac relocation
It seems like all the other parts are available for purchase on the site except for the throttle body modification. I was debating putting my own kit together like you suggested but didn't want to get 95% done and realize I can't finish without that piece.

just so you know in cali this mod will almost definitely not pass smog inspection.
....didn't even think about that. To my understanding, as long as the emissions are clean enough and within CA specs, I'd pass. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
as far as i know, if its not stock, its not legal unless it has a carb number. but i dont live there so i dont know the specifics.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
You won't pass visual inspection, but you can always throw the factor upper back on for smog every 2 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts