Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought my new body Mustang about a month ago. Absolutely love it 07 gt, great deal, low miles yada yada yada. But there is one thing about it that I absolutely LOATHE. The original owner whom was in his 50's, decided it would be a great idea to etch 4 bullet holes in each door glass :yakyak:. Gangsta I know....but for the life of me I just do not like it. The good news is whoever did it did a great job..lol..but again, not for me. The car only has 7000 miles on it, and i was trying to think of anything to get the glass warranteed..lol, which i know would never happen, to just calling the insurance company with broken glass ;). I just want to know at what point was it cool to etch glass???? Everyone thinks its bird crap from a far....and if I had just paid attention when I looked at the car originally, (I thought they were auto zone decals that I could remove) then maybe I could have gotten the dealer to replace them if I complained. Just my little rant for the day...I'll get some pictures up of them and we can all have a good laugh.

Anyone want to swap glass?!!?!?! :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
No, I don't think I want to swap glass. That guy was a comedian or a criminal. What a shame.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
scratches in the window deep enough can effect the saftey...

small rocks, debris, and weather changes could potentially break it.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
That is so wrong on multiple levels. Time for a brick through the windows! Damn kids. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres my gangsta holes.....

Attachments

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
dang that guy could make a liveing etching those in to redneck paint jobs.

im a destruction for hire :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dang that guy could make a liveing etching those in to redneck paint jobs.

im a destruction for hire :D

I'd love to find the guy and flick him in the marbles.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
heres my gangsta holes.....
Wow, that is so wrong on so many different levels and is truly "fugly" to the core!

I would pay the $$ and get the windows replaced. If you are somewhat handy you can do it yourself at home then all you are buying is the glass.

I would suck it up and pay for it out-of pocket. I wouldn't think of doing an insurance scam, in the end it costs us all $$ and is a felony.

M

·
0 Posts
I'll be honest... there is a Mustang lover somewhere that will swap glass with you... although the dude you bought the car from apparently had an strong interest in his possible demise, he's not the only one that would ever do that to a Mustang... save the cash and swap out with someone!! :bigthumbsup :gringreen

Just not me....... :laugh:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I wonder if that chip repair resin could reduce them by 90%. Otherwise, maybe they could be polished out. I have a friend hand grinding a glass which will become a 12" mirror for a telescope he is building. So if he can hand lap that, I bet those etching marks can be hand lapped out at well.

May be better to just have the glass replaced. I would have wanked about the "holes" and said fix it, comp me to have it fixed, or show me something else. I wonder if the price was already on the low side to reflect the damaged glass.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, the door glasses I can get from my local ford dealer for 10 percent over cost...roughly 120-140 each. Judis, I hope your right and someone would want to swap....but I highly doubt it. The only thing making me hold out hope that someone would actually do it is the mere fact that this guy did it.....on purpose, therefore like you said someone else may too like it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. But I cannot go on with them much longer....lots of driving with my windows down..lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if that chip repair resin could reduce them by 90%. Otherwise, maybe they could be polished out. I have a friend hand grinding a glass which will become a 12" mirror for a telescope he is building. So if he can hand lap that, I bet those etching marks can be hand lapped out at well.

May be better to just have the glass replaced. I would have wanked about the "holes" and said fix it, comp me to have it fixed, or show me something else. I wonder if the price was already on the low side to reflect the damaged glass.
Yea like I said, I wish I had paid more attention to them....it was a beautiful day, I saw them there quickly before I test drove it and assumed.....big mistake. Then for the entire test drive the windows were down, so I never gave it a second thought. As far as the price, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the glass, I've found over my time at a dealership that add ons....good or bad...don't really effect the price of a car. I'm sure if I had noticed they were etched they may have helped me out getting them replaced, but as the bumper sticker reads....sh*t happens.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
As a member in his 50's, there has never been a time when that was "in". The size and positioning is stupid, to say nothing about the idea! Replace the glass.

What did he do that you haven't seen yet?

Frank

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
As another member in the "50's" club, I have to say that they are just hideous.

·
Registered
621 Posts
just an idea... find someone who is an intense drag person and is making their car into a drag stang. they've more than likely removed the windows to ditch the extra couple pounds (or at least thats what the guy with teh fox body here did, he made them plastic so they weigh less than a pound...) and call dibs on em. good luck finding someone like that though :D

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
atleast they were clean shots, i mean he coulda added fractured glass,spiderwebbed glass, the whole 9 yards

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
man, that does look bad. :gringreen but shoot,,,it could have been worse. it could have been flowers and hearts and butterflies :nogrinner maybe you could add something cool to it like etch clint eastwood into the background so its like 3D with him holding the revolver :shiny:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think it looks like bird poop too. But to each his own. Maybe you can just go with a P51 Mustang look like Roush. Get your name above the window like a pilot and add a kill list on your quarter panel. And maybe even some flight ID numbers.

Or just get new windows.

Around here I dont see the bullet holes too often anymore. They went the way of the Calvin peeing on stuff stickers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL...well thanks to everyone confirming the awfulness which are my windows :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.