Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i've read that your can help me figure out my date code, can you do dso. these are the only items i need for my data plate. the vin is 5f07t250450. i just got back my 1965 mustang from high school(1991) :happyhappand some one stole the drivers door and dash tag while it was in field behind pole barn:nono:. i'll find out on friday if they registerd it also at the secretary of state. thanks in advance. andy

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) :welcome Are you sure that the first two digits are 5T ? I've got the data on a couple of mid august Metuchan cars, and the sequential numbers are about 20,000 lower than yours. That would make a lot more sense if you actuall have a 66 Metuchan car or a 65 Dearborn or San Jose car. :) I don't do the d.s.o. on the cars. Unless someone really catches a break and I have the data on their particular car, there isn't any way to know what the d.s.o. was unless they have an original build sheet. :)

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again. :) Sorry about that. I have apparently mis-read your post. I really need to wear my glasses when I read this stuff. :gringreen The production date would have been about 14H (august 14, 64) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks veronica. i read you could do the dates and once again your right. from my memory when i got car 20 years ago i thought it was a late 64 1/2. Now i have to decide which to restore first, 1968 coupe j code, or high school plain jane coupe. thanks again, andy

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hi again. :) Sorry about that. I have apparently mis-read your post. I really need to wear my glasses when I read this stuff. :gringreen The production date would have been about 14H (august 14, 64) :)
Veronica, I my book I have VINs 5F07C250399, 5F08K250441, 5F07C250447, and 5F07A250682 all with a "03H" date.

The cars with 14H dates are in the 260747-261914 range.

NOTE: these cars are all listed as being true 65 models, not early 65s or 64 1/2. It appears Dearborn rounded off the VINs to 250000 at the beginning of August to start of the true 65 model year. Although I'm sure there was some crossovers depending on the parts situation at the plant.

If you have a car with a 250xxx VIN with a 14H code I'd like to add it to my book. It makes me think that his car had some option that the factory had to wait on and the car's production was held back a week and a half.

Here's another question, the four cars I listed above, three have a DSO of 26. Do you know what 26 is? I looked in my books and there's no 26 listed! There's a 25 and 27 but 26 is skipped.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again. :) Again, my bad. I went back and looked and 14 was actually 04. THAT 5F08K250441 is one of the cars that I have. I also have 5F07T250325 and 5F07C250538 with 04, so. I would have guessed 04, but, it could just as easily be 03. A monday or a tuesday. I'm not normally in a hurry when I do this, but, have I mentioned that I have a couple of teen-agers? :gringreen Again, sorry about that. :embarrassed

26 is Washington D.C. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello again. so if i get this straight the 4th of august 1964. i know the car has a 1966 200cid engine, but wiring for generator and light in dash for generator, hood with non curled edges but not generator vents in radiator support. so at best guess it is a transition car. was the 31st of july the cut off or august 31st or at 25,000 like suggested . i thank you guys. this great info because i love learning the most about vintage mustangs as i can. thanks andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again guys. i did get title from dmv,but it took three weeks.:so they said possible stolen from atlanta.:happyhapp same vin but different plant code. 5T07t250450 so if you see that vin it was stolen according to state police

1 - 8 of 8 Posts