Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vin is 5fo9A8o6186. the rest that i can decipher is 63A R D8 3ou 34 1. what does all this mean? please help.

·
Registered
895 Posts
vin is 5fo9A8o6186. the rest that i can decipher is 63A R D8 3ou 34 1. what does all this mean? please help.
VIN: 5fo9A8o6186

5 = 1965

F = Dearborn MI Assembly

09 = Fastback

A = 289 V8 4V

806186 = Consecutive Build Number

Data Plate: 63A R D8 3ou 34 1

63A = Fastback Standard Interior Bucket Seats

R = Exterior Paint Ivy Green

D8 = Interior Trim White with Ivy Gold Appointments

30U = 30th of July (2nd Year)

34 = Indianapolis (Area Sold)

1 = 3.00:1 Rear Axle

? = Trans code missing (you need one more number)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I can tell you too that your car was built right near the end of 65 production. My production book shows the VINs stopping at 806xxx, don't see any 807xxx produced.

I want to see if Veronica has any higher cars in her database.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hello. :) The latest 65 Dearborn car that I have is 5F08C804310 with a scheduled production date of 27U. :)
OK, the latest in my book is 5F09A806587 with the date of 30U. It is 400 units ahead of the original posters car.

Here's the rest of the info for your records,

63B R 68 30U 81 1 E

the car is listed as being last in Canada and NLO (no longer operational).

For the curious, the first Dearborn 66 model I have is 6F08A100098 with a date of 16H, August 16th.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
What book are you two using? Is my car in there?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It will be in 2 or 3 places on the 68. The first should be right inside the windshield either on the passenger side or the driver side. The second will be on the driver side inner fender. It should be in the cutout in the driver fender, but it may be under the fender. The 3rd (if 68s have it) will be under the passenger fender near the back of the inner fender.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
For the curious, the first Dearborn 66 model I have is 6F08A100098 with a date of 16H, August 16th.
Hi again. :) Thanks, Jay. :) My earliest Dearborn 66 is 6F09K100122 with a scheduled production date of 17H. :)

What I have is a collection of data from a bunch of different sources. It isn't a book. I just started collecting the data back when I used to restore these cars for a living, basically one car at a time as they came through, or I saw them at shows, or knew the person that had some cars, etc... I also found some different books that had some data on some of a certain type of cars, like Ivy Green cars, for example, some records of Ford's of particular batches of cars, like the first 20 that they built, and it just sort of grew into something that I can use to ballpark production dates of cars that aren't known in the records anywhere and have lost their original door tags. I just stick with production dates because that's something that people won't try to willfully deceive me on, unless their car was built in late january of 65. I seem to remember that I don't have anything on your car, 66Sprint200, but, I could easily be thinking of someone else's car. If you could send me the vin, I'll check. :)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ok Veronica, here is my dataplate. I checked and it is the original dataplate and all of my cars panel date and district codes match up (except for the front, I finally figured out that something like a tree branch fell across the front of my car smashing the fenders, hood, and windshield).

VIN--6R07T175964; 1966, San Jose, 2 door Hardtop, 200CID, 175964

Body--65A; 2 door hardtop, standard interior

Colour--M; Wimbledon White

Trim--25; Red Crinkle Vinyl and Red Rosette Vinyl, Standard Interior

Date--16C; March 16

D.S.O--72; San Jose

Axle--3; 3.20:1, Conventional

Trans--6; C4 Automatic

or

6R07T175964
65A M 25 16C 72 3 6

·
Registered
460 Posts
Quote title

veronica veronica please decode this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing against Veronica but do you know how many HELPFUL people you insult by singling one person out ?

There are many people on the internet that are even more helpful with their time and knowledge than Veronica.

Code "1" is a a 3spd std

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Vin would not tell you if it was a GT
I think the VIN does in this case. It says that it is a 289 4V. IIRC, that engine option was only available as part of the GT package.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again. :) I don't have any of the data on your car, 66Sprint200. Sorry about that. :sosad:

Most of the 'A' code cars didn't come with the GT package. 'A' code cars were available starting in mid august of 64, while the GT package wasn't available for purchase until mid april of 65. When you got an A code car after the GT package became available, you still had to pay extra for the GT package. It was an additional $151.10 over the $157.31 to get the 'A' code motor. A lot of people think that all A code cars were GTs, but that isn't the case. It's been a while since I've seen a single exhaust, drum brake 'A' code, but that isn't because Ford didn't build any like that. :nogrinner Ford built plenty of them, it's just that people have changed them over after the fact. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Nothing against Veronica but do you know how many HELPFUL people you insult by singling one person out ?

There are many people on the internet that are even more helpful with their time and knowledge than Veronica....
Talk about insulting someone.....:nono:

Veronica is not getting paid to do this. She offers her considerable knowledge and database to be helpful to all us Mustang enthusiasts and I applaud her for it.

Why do you care if someone asks Veronica for help instead of you?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Some people choose to be insulted when there is no reason to be. Some of us don't know where to turn for help except those who have helped others that we know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anybody help me and figure out what would be production date of my stang ? The vin is 5F08C741305, I appreciate a lot.

thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.