Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1991 5.0 LX MUSTANG I PUT A HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER IN IT AND NOTICED MY TRANNY MOUNT WAS TOTALLY SHOT.SO THINKING I WOULD FIX IT I BOUGHT A ENERGY SUSPENSION TRANNY MOUNT AND NOW MY CAR VIBRATES HORRABLY AROUND 2500 RPM.I CAREFULLY JACKED THE TRANNY UP TO GET THE OLD ONE OUT AND DROPPED THE CROSSMEMBER.COULD THIS BAD MOUNT HAVE BEEN HIDING A MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM LIKE A PILOT BEARING OR A BEARING IN THE TRANNY.IT EVEN VIBRATES WITH THE CAR NOT MOVING .OR COULD I HAVE KNOCKED SOMETHING OUT OF WACK JACKING UP THE TRANNY?THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to say this but your probably right on that there may be something worse. My 04 had the same issue after replacing the clutch and after alot of pull out hair I found out I had knocked the wieght off of my driveshaft wich caused a slight vibration at around 2800 to 3100 rpms. Check the simple things first! I am by far not a tranny tech but I would take a look around everything very carefully and go from there! Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I might have been wrong on my first post about your tranny issue. If you upgraded to a poly urethane mount then they are a siffer mount and that could be part of the issue you are feeling maybe you could try having the fly wheel turn also to trey and fix this issue. Good luck and I hope I could shed a lil light on the issue!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.