Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought video of a dyno run was pointless but you asked for it so here it is.

This is my fourth run of the night. The title says it's a 600 HP run but in fact I was mistaken on which video I posted. It is actually a 560 HP run from ~2700 RPM to 6200 RPM.

YouTube - 5twenty's 600 HP

·
Registered
516 Posts
sickkkkkk. Sounds good. I thought you would hear more blower wine, but i guess your exhaust is too damn loud. I guess you will have to turn the boost up ;)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sickkkkkk. Sounds good. I thought you would hear more blower wine, but i guess your exhaust is too damn loud. I guess you will have to turn the boost up ;)
It's the Kenne Bell 2.6L Big Bore blower. It's deadly silent. Like an assassin. I don't even hear it in the car. And yes I have a LOT of room to turn up the boost. It will push out ~25 pounds.

By the way, all you guys who want a loud blower: Mine is silent because it is efficient. Efficient=more power. So you gotta ask yourself. Do you want people to HEAR your blower or do you want them to SEE your rear license plate getting smaller and smaller?

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's the Kenne Bell blower. It's deadly silent. Like an assassin. I don't even hear it in the car. And yes I have a LOT of room to turn up the boost. It will push out ~25 pounds.

By the way, all you guys who want a loud blower: Mine is silent because it is efficient. Efficient=more power. So you gotta ask yourself. Do you want people to HEAR your blower or do you want them to SEE your rear license plate getting smaller and smaller?

KB Blowers on Cobras are very very loud. Almost as loud as the ported eatons. And they make amazing power on those vehicles also.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
yeah but 25lbs of boost i dont think you can tune that for the street, or could you with a KB i know Prochargers 25 PSI on an F1 will make all most 1000rwhp if tuned right.

I think you should up that beast to 16psi :) and get that street tune up to 600rwhp and that race tune up to 700 :)

Have what TB are you running did you go to accufab's mono blade. I cant see the video on a gov't comp but sounds nice cant wait to see it in person this summer in WA

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but 25lbs of boost i dont think you can tune that for the street, or could you with a KB i know Prochargers 25 PSI on an F1 will make all most 1000rwhp if tuned right.

I think you should up that beast to 16psi :) and get that street tune up to 600rwhp and that race tune up to 700 :)

Have what TB are you running did you go to accufab's mono blade. I cant see the video on a gov't comp but sounds nice cant wait to see it in person this summer in WA

Easy now big fella! One step at a time. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I have a 16 pound pulley on the shelf).

25 pounds of boost is certainly not meant to be street friendly BUT, I do have the bypass valve so all the boost can be discarded until the accelerator gets mashed a little bit.

Stock throttle body.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
good lord in heaven that was amazing~! car looks great too...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
are you running a full JBA exhaust, or do you have a different cat back?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
5-20, i know we pestered you for MONTHS about that video, but it was totally worth it :hihi:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very cool. That's the charger that I wanted for my car. Once I finally found the Mustang I was looking for, it was already equipped with a Turbo. Runs great....but I'm still jealous!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That is a very nice sound. I love that car!You did a lot of hard work, and deserve the fruit of your labor. Wow what a machine.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
810 Posts
awesome vid

Hey what plugs are you running and at what gap?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are you running a full JBA exhaust, or do you have a different cat back?
JBA silver ceramic coated long tubes, JBA H-mid pipe, and MMR from there back.

Only the 560 run? Man I'm disappointed. :(
It was only a 1 hour tape and I forgot it was even running.

5-20, i know we pestered you for MONTHS about that video, but it was totally worth it :hihi:
Thanks, hotshot. I'm amazed and thrilled so many people are watching.

That is a very nice sound. I love that car!You did a lot of hard work, and deserve the fruit of your labor. Wow what a machine.:bigthumbsup
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.

awesome vid

Hey what plugs are you running and at what gap?
HT0 right out of the box and into the motor.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
wow, its been what now.... 3 hours and you already have 38 hits on your video. you're a popular guy :)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I assume you been out driving a bit this evening? :)
A bit. It still has a few driveability issues we're working on. It still has a little trouble finding idle. It still goes lean too much when taking off slowly from a stop. It goes a bit lean when idling down a long hill. Just a few tidbits to work on. Last night was all about making a safe WOT tune. One more visit or maybe a couple emails will get her purring.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
A bit. It still has a few driveability issues we're working on. It still has a little trouble finding idle. It still goes lean too much when taking off slowly from a stop. It goes a bit lean when idling down a long hill. Just a few tidbits to work on. Last night was all about making a safe WOT tune. One more visit or maybe a couple emails will get her purring.
You might want to check your TPS voltage to make sure it's between 1.19 and 1.31 volts. Just a thought..

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.