Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long 16 hour day doing the stripe on the car a few weeks back, I finally got around to doing the last part of it all on the trunk, between the taillights.

Non of the vinyl was purchased or precut. I have a friend that works for a company that deals with vinyl.
All 3M products.

So I made up a design template for him, he ran it through his program, his printer/cutter cut it to size for us.

23" center stripe, 1" gap and 2 " outer stripe!

He gave me a few flat black cut outs aswell.

Here is the outcome of the back!

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks good, do you by chance have a hood picture of that 23/1/2 stripe?

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
604 Posts
Perfect

Perfect, thanks, I wanted to see where the washer thingys were on the stripe, I was leaning towards an 18/1/2 ghost stripe, but I like the wider one better. Now I just need to have the brass monkeys to have em sand and paint the stripe on my hood ONLY, I think.... dang I cant make up my mind:dunce: .

Tim

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dear OhYes05,

Very nice job!!!

I know that stripes can be terribly painful to line up and put on but you have done as excellent job...

Maybe a new sideline business for you???

Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks Dave.

But no I dont think I want to be doing this on the side. It took 16hours to do. Mind you we had to do the stripe 4 times by the time we got it right, get this.
The 4th time, I didnt even measure anything, I did it by eye and its perfect. When we did try to line it up according to the measurments it was always off for some odd reason.

It was well worth the effort tho, looks amazing, I get stopped everywhere and always get a :thumbsup

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the blackout on the back but I can only find them on eBay and I'm not too keen on the quality of the vinyl. Is your friend going to make more of these to sell?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have a panel here I bought off Ebay. I am not so sure I like it and I am not so sure I am saving it for the 2006 when it comes... I am still unsure if I like it and will continue to waffle on it until I put it on I suppose. It reminds me of the Maverick Grabber. Was that the car or did the Mustang ever have the panel blacked out.. I can't remember. Hmmm I am just unsure it I like it still !!!

Russ

·
Registered
72 Posts
help!

Where did you get your vinyl from? I like it alot better than the ones on ebay! :thumbsup How hard was it to make and put on? Did you take of the running mustang cap? please jsut explain some more!:green

Thanks!
Mark F

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I hate to disagree, but everyone has thier opinion.
Too much vinyl on the car, takes something away, too much on the top maybe, and some needed on bumpers.
And I dont care for the blackout panel, looks better stock IMO.

But its still a sharp arse car, dont let my 2 cents matter.
I would drive it :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I can see a practical positive out of the black piece surrounding the pony emblem on back...my fingers are always searching for someplace to grip the trunk lid when I go to close it that WON'T mean hand prints on my wax job. No dice. I'm touching that up about three times a week right now as a result.

Just call me Monk, I guess...OCD to the max when it comes to Dixi's sweet fanny.

Anyways, nice work bro...if you're happy with the results, that is all that matters...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your hard work paid off. Your car looks very sharp. I especially like the black panel between the tail lights. IMO, it gives good contrast with the total color scheme.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, in my previous post I said we did it 4 times..correction, we had to do the hood 4 times because of all the krinckles and terrible bubbles.

robotguy: I got the vinyl from a friend of mine that works for a company that does vinyl name plates. Lables for home products, speakers ect ect..

If you can get 3M vinyl your good to go. I think he said the black was 3mil. A little bit thicker then the white stripe on the car.

I pulled off the imatation gas cap off the trunk, a little bit of heat with a hair dryer and some glue gone does the job.
If you try cutting around the running pony you'll be there for ever. and you wont get it perfect.
Went on without a problem, only took about 15 mins to do. no bubbles or krinkles!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts