Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be buying some flat black vinyl from americanmuscle.com itll be the le mans stripes and its gonna cost me $90 roughly i think. anywho what i would like to know is since they give me 19' of uncut vinyl does anyone know what the measurements are for me to cut at in order to strip my front bumper (it has the license plate cutout if it makes a dif), stock v6 hood, roof, stock trunk wiht no wing, and back bumper (v6 one). if i could get those measurements from someone itd my job a lot easier so thanks in advance :D also do you think itd be worth saving $100 and cutting myself? or should i just buy the precut stuff. the only problem i have with that is they say it'll overlap on the trunk because they tried to make it easier to install for noobs like myself :nono:

M

·
0 Posts
Honestly - I think pre cut would be a good decision after watching my installer install my set:gringreen.... JMO tho... you "can't tell" where it overlaps (you can but it's no big deal) and if you don't, you'll have the problem I have at the bottom crease of the bumper... it bubbles up along the ridge after tightening up on the car. They know what they're doing - cutting it to make it easier....:bigthumbsup

The Pre cut have been tried and true for the most part... I wouldn't trust myself to cut a set of stripes... furthermore, I heard they aren't just "straight lines"... there are very slight perspective distortions so they fall properly on your car...:headscratch: Anyway, hope this helps...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooo fun sounds like i'm goin with precut :D too bad its another $100 ish :(

M

·
0 Posts
I understand, but it's better to save a little longer than to not be happy with your stripes... they do make such an awesome statement! :gringreen Good choice!!! lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! ill be having them on in approx a month? but ill keep you guys updated on the process!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.