1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Hey Mustang folks!
Just bought my first Mustang (Black 2005 V6)...I love everything
about it! :eyepoppin
My question is about the striping on the side. I was wondering if that can be taken off, or if that may damage the finish. Also, I have this idea of adding those fat racing stripes on the hood/top. I've seen websites that sell vinyl striping kit--but I'm absolutely sure that it's not a do-it-yourself job, at least not for me. Anybody have experience with this? Any suggestions? I live in the Portland, Oregon area, btw.
Thanks!

Doug

·
Registered
315 Posts
duck777 said:
:?: Hey Mustang folks!
Just bought my first Mustang (Black 2005 V6)...I love everything
about it! :eyepoppin
My question is about the striping on the side. I was wondering if that can be taken off, or if that may damage the finish. Also, I have this idea of adding those fat racing stripes on the hood/top. I've seen websites that sell vinyl striping kit--but I'm absolutely sure that it's not a do-it-yourself job, at least not for me. Anybody have experience with this? Any suggestions? I live in the Portland, Oregon area, btw.
Thanks!

Doug
congratz on your first mustang ! just bought mine 2 weeks ago :laughlitt .... but about your question '' the striping on the side of your mustang is pretty simple to get off . You can either do it yourself with a high powered hair dryer and be very delicate with a razor blade and some Goo gone or You can take it to any auto body shop an have them do it with a heat gun for a decent price. The second is reconmended ' and if you have a auto body place do it ask them how much they charge to press some vinyl on and talk em down the lowest you can. make sure you check around for prices too , hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.