Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang conv. 1985

Im going to replace my top. Pricing around the different shops one guy said that the canvas tops wear out faster on the Mustang frame. This goes against all I have heard before that the vinyl tends to wear out faster. Anyone know anything about this??

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
don't know about it wearing out faster, but i just had a canvas top put on my 93 GT and it looks a lot better than vinyl. check out my gallery.
:drink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
you can try and check on accessoriesgiant.com. and also americanbodyparts.com, for all ford car parts. they do offer discount prices. i purchased brake parts once for my 97 on the former site.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All I could say is that since the upholstery shops say that vinyl lasts longer and since that's what they do for a living, I would believe them. My experience is that vinyl looks more traditional and is far easier to clean and keep clean! You will not like cleaning a cloth top. I've seen Mustangs with a vinyl roof that are quite old and still serviceable. It's really a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
GT02 said:
All I could say is that since the upholstery shops say that vinyl lasts longer and since that's what they do for a living, I would believe them. My experience is that vinyl looks more traditional and is far easier to clean and keep clean! You will not like cleaning a cloth top. I've seen Mustangs with a vinyl roof that are quite old and still serviceable. It's really a matter of personal choice.
yah. all you need is a rag and a protectant spray for that matter. easy and fast.. and reliable. :winks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.