Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with them on parts?
https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/DirectionstoShowroom.asp

I'm looking to avoid the truck shipment charges of companies across the county...they are only a few hours away..and it would save me a good deal of money on shipping..if I just put a order together of truck ship size parts and take a trip to pick them up myself.

I ordered a catalog today...and wanted some input on them good or bad please.
Also...can anyone name a classic parts store in or near Maryland worth doing buisness with?

G

·
It's a couple states over, but Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester, CT. And believe me, they're very reputable, I love em. And I gurantee if you ask about them on this board, you'll be overwhelmed with great responses.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acooljt said:
It's a couple states over, but Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester, CT. And believe me, they're very reputable, I love em. And I gurantee if you ask about them on this board, you'll be overwhelmed with great responses.
I deffinetly plan on using mustangs unlimited...Orders over 300 shipped ups ground are shipped free...So I plan on getting most small things thru them shipped free...I'm trying to avoid the huge truck ship fees on fenders and doors...I don't mind paying 350 for and original tool fender...but I don't want to add a 100 ship fee to it ya know.
Virginia is close enough to make it worth a trip...Conn is kinda far to save much overall.
What irritates me is they charge per item..No matter how many are being sent at once....At truck ship rates..for every 2 parts shipped..you could buy a third and forth one with the shipping money of the first 2..:sosad:
I ordered 2 manuals the other day from mustang plus and ups ground shipping was as much as a manual..so I paid for 3...lol

I'll be placing 300+ UPS orders with mustangs unlimited from now on..bet on it..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used Viginia Classic Mustang a lot in my 67 restoration and had very good luck with them. They have a very wide selection of parts of good quality and were easy to deal with. Also used National Parts Depot and had good luck with them as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acooljt said:
haha, thats funny because theres a thread just about how much everyone hates mustangs unlimited and how nothing fits right and poor customer service and all this junk over on mustangforums.com, they want to organize a collection of complaints and send them to mustangs unlimited. I honestly have never ordered from either place so im not one to say, just thought its funny how opinions can vary from board to board. I say, check em out. They seem like they are pretty serious about their mustanging, i dont see how they couldnt have quality stuff and still be around this long? but hey....i guess things arnt impossible. Anyways, just thought id throw that out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've ordered stuff from Mustangs Unlimited, both at their showroom and online. I had to return some stuff to them, not a problem whatsoever. I called them, they gave me a authorization number and it was on its way back to them. I had to pay for the shipping back, but that's to be expected. The stuff I picked up from them in Manchester was larger stuff like floor pans (to save on the truck fees). Overall a good experience.

FYI, if you ask 10 people their opinions, you probably will get 10 different responses. You can't make everyone happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pathetic Service Mustangs Unlimited

Just thought i'll vent my frustration by sharing my experience with Mustangs Unilimited. I'm from South Africa and own a 68 convertible. Recently I sent a parts list for a shipping quote. After a long wait, a quote was sent, half of which I could not understand. The english was so so poor. Anyway when i phone to confirm the order, the order is lost. When they requote, the shipping jumps up by $70 for the same parts list. When i query this no explanation is provided. Last year they also sent me incorrect quanities of parts ordered which they blatantly denied. However the proof was in my mail sent items.

Now i'm seeking a new vendor, Maybe NPD.

Amar. Ramnarain (South Africa)
[email protected]

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've gotten almost all the parts for a 66 coupe restoration from Virginia Classic Mustang. Good quality stuff, quick shippping - even to AZ and the customer service is 5*. I didn't like the vinyl inserts on a moss-green carpet and Angie at VCM sent me samples and worked directly with ACC to get me a custom vinyl inserts for the same price as the original - and they took the original back without question. They also have a great selection of parts, some I've seen nowhere else. I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bought many parts from them, I had only one problem with a part, they took care of it with no problem. I'm very satisfied wi ththe quality of parts and their customer service. In fact, I had called them about a window regulator for my 67 F/B and told the customer rep that I knew there was two different size window rollers on repro regulators and that I needed the larger size. He asked what size the roller was , and when I told him, he put me on hold and went and got the regulator and measured the roller to be sure it was the one I needed. That's service!!!
I recommend them highly.
Jay67fast.
P.S. Unlike some of the other dealers, if you ask who supplies the part, they'll tell you. Others give you the "I don't know" or "they're all the same", or some such nonsense.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I haven't used them but theres not that many company's making these parts so pretty much all of them are selling the same thing.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I've never dealt with Virginia Classic but I have heard many good things about them in the almost 10 years now that I have been into Mustangs.

(NPD is another top notch vendor. They will pull a part out of thier catalog for revaluation if they get many complaints on it. They are actually doing this right now with thier power steering paint after people like me used it and found it's too light and the wrong color. The manufacturer changed the specs and never told anybody including the resellers like the Mustang suppliers.)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Virginia Classic Mustang is a top-notch vendor

Virginia Classic Mustang is a top-notch vendor with a good reputation.
Day in and day out they have the best overall prices on quality merchandise. Their customer service is great.

I use Mustangs Unlimited sometimes - especially when I need something quickly - I can get items from the Georgia store to my front door the next day if I order in the morning.

I have used VCM for probably 15 years, and MU for about 10 years, and really have no complaints with either one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a lot from VA Classic for my 67 restoration. I only had one problem with the door, which I found out too late. The front door to window seal won't fit the door. The door fits fine. Got it painted and tried to put the seal on and the window gap is off. I tried both types and neither fit. Too late to do anything about. Only I know because I put it on but still frustrating.
Other than that I was very satisfied with them.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've used Virginia Classic Mustang and received good parts and very quickly but they are a little higher than some and shipping is a bit high as well. I've started using CJ Pony Parts Inc. out of Harrisburg Pa. and they have good parts, friendly service and less expensive on many items. You can join their club for $35.00 and save 5% on all orders and shipping is free with $300 order unless it is oversized. I have had to wait for backorders sometimes but I haven't been in a hurry so it doesn't bother me. They also restore mustangs and state that they use what they sell. Hope this helps. Brads65:shiny:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I respectfully disagree with this....

Brad,
Not sure if you got some bad mushrooms or something, but I have never seen anything from CJ's cheaper than VA Classic Mustang. The only exception is clearance items or sometimes eBay auctions that CJ's runs.
You can check the two catalogs and do a side by side comparison on prices. I have been buying Mustang parts for over 25 years and got stuff from Virginia Classic Mustang when all they put out was just a flyer. I have never had a problem with them, nor have any of my friends. I will also stand by the fact that they are cheaper on most items than anyone else (with comparable quality parts).
They do have a minimum order of $20 or something, and sometimes it may be hard to order because they are very busy on the phone, but other than that.............

Also - there is a store around Fallston, MD that has a lot of stuff - maybe Dad's Mustang Shop?
You might give him a try if it is close.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't bought any sheetmetal from Virginia Classic Mustang. However, the stuff I did buy I'm very pleased with. The sales staff were helpful, and shipping was very quick.

HTH
g

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.