Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a new 06 Mustang GT with 5 speed. Thought it was a really fun car to drive!

Don't have much experience with newer cars and the usage of their left outside mirrors. With the seat all the way back and driving on a 1 way street 3 lanes wide and wishing to move over 1 lane to the left, I was taught that there is a "blind spot" in the next lane left behind your car and a person is supposed to turn their head left to check the "blind spot" before changing lanes. The design of the Mustang body does not allow me to see the "blind spot" when turning my head left. I have to properly adjust and completely rely on the outside mirror to show the "blind spot". It this correct or am I missing something here?

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a blind spot in the 05 stang! I realized it when i test drove my car but it wasn't to bad. I just installed window louvers on my side windows so now it is even worse then before especially when backing up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
05whitestang said:
There is a blind spot in the 05 stang! I realized it when i test drove my car but it wasn't to bad. I just installed window louvers on my side windows so now it is even worse then before especially when backing up.
Heh there! Welcome 05whitestang ! Congratulations on your first post and Welocme to the AFM board. I hope you find it as informative and as "fun" as I do!

What side louvers did you go with? Can you post a picture of them?

·
Registered
829 Posts
jef said:
I drove a new 06 Mustang GT with 5 speed. Thought it was a really fun car to drive!

Don't have much experience with newer cars and the usage of their left outside mirrors. With the seat all the way back and driving on a 1 way street 3 lanes wide and wishing to move over 1 lane to the left, I was taught that there is a "blind spot" in the next lane left behind your car and a person is supposed to turn their head left to check the "blind spot" before changing lanes. The design of the Mustang body does not allow me to see the "blind spot" when turning my head left. I have to properly adjust and completely rely on the outside mirror to show the "blind spot". It this correct or am I missing something here?

Heh jef ! Welcome and congratulations on your first post as well! (I just noticed it!) I hope you find this AFM board informative and fun.

I taught drivers ed for a while and was instructing my students to cover the blind spots with mirror adjustments. So... I think you are spot on with your choice. I also taught them to look over their shoulder (turn your head and look out the window) when making a lane change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's about the only drawback (if you can call it that) I've noticed about my new car. You just have to be a little more careful when changing lanes. I find myself checking the mirrors and looking behind me at least 2 or 3 times before switching lanes....yes I'm overly cautious....but that's what new cars will do to you. :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
jef said:

I bought some $1 stick on blind spot (convex) mirrors, they help a lot. I always put this on my cars because I use to drive a bobtail truck that needed these mirrors for backup and switching lanes. Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.