Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered fog bulbs from them. Got part# 9005_28_W 5K. I have sylvania 9145 H10U stock bulbs. The new ones don't fit! Did I get wrong bulbs. Ordered H10?

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah, I made the same rookie mistake a while back. The fog lights for our Mustangs are H11, not H10.

Edit: That is, unless you're talking about the headlights, not the fog lights - in which case, I got nothin'. Sorry.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I made the same rookie mistake a while back. The fog lights for our Mustangs are H11, not H10.

Edit: That is, unless you're talking about the headlights, not the fog lights - in which case, I got nothin'. Sorry.
Bulb in it now(fogs) is labeled 9145 H10U. Manual says its H11 but it's not. I think they sent 9005 HB3 bulb instead of 9145 H10. Description on packing slip says HB3 9005 H10 9145. That makes no sense as 9005 & 9145 are totally different from what I can tell?:?:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The more I read on these the more confused I get. I saw where 9005 & 9145 bulbs were same fitment? So why don't they fit?:frustrated:

·
Registered
366 Posts
H11's are for the V6 and GT/CS fogs. Normal GT's use 9145/H10's. I didn't bother with LEDs in the fogs though, they won't put out as much light as halogens.

·
Registered
734 Posts
H11's are for the V6 and GT/CS fogs. Normal GT's use 9145/H10's. I didn't bother with LEDs in the fogs though, they won't put out as much light as halogens.
I bought Hoen Xenonmatch H10 bulbs for my 2012 GT, and they do not fit at all.

Anybody wants some Hoen Xenonmatch H10 bulbs? Never installed! :gringreen

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought Hoen Xenonmatch H10 bulbs for my 2012 GT, and they do not fit at all.

Anybody wants some Hoen Xenonmatch H10 bulbs? Never installed! :gringreen
I installed the Hoen H10 (9145) xenonmatch bulbs last year and they fit perfectly in my GT (non CS)? The product ID is h10x2. They go pretty good with the PIAA halogen H13's I have. Definitely better than the stockers...I can actually tell when I have the fogs on now.

I doubt the fogs changed for 2012, so I'm not sure why your won't fit, unless Hoen changed the bulb for some reason?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was only trying one of the bulbs they sent. When I tried the other it fit great. Emailed VLED & they said to trim tabs & it would not void warranty or they would let me send them back. I'll try trimming the one that doesn't line up & see. I personally believe they are all cheap chinese made bulbs with no quality control.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well trimmed & gave it another shot.:mad: Looks like bulb socket where it comes together w/led's is to big to let it seat in fog housing far enough to engage locking ears.:yelwacko: Ball's in their court now.:surrender:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts