Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post this over here. Ran on Saturday over at Ozark Raceway Park. This was my first time running the car at the track. Email tune from VMP. Ran two back to back 12.4's on oem all season street tires. Temps in high 40's. Anyone considering auto tune check out vmptuning.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Dang that's unreal. Is that a separate tune or do you drive that on the street?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang that's unreal. Is that a separate tune or do you drive that on the street?
Drive it all the time. Really felt the difference power wise off the bottom 1-3000 rpms. But, the biggest gains are in how Justin gets the auto working more effectively.

I've actually just ordered a 94 Race tune from VMP. 93 pump plus a booster. ;)

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Imagine what Drag radials will do to your 60fts...get those to the 1.7s and you may be in very low 12s to very high 11s second times. I need to save some money and buy one of these Coyotes ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Need a converter to really use a drag radial. You aren't going to 60' in the 1.7s on a stock converter.

I ran [email protected] with Airaid cai and Mike Rousch tune so this is right in line with what it should be running. I've heard good things about VMP.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need some better tires. Your MPH is low also. What size pulley?
[email protected] with a 1.6 60' here
Pulley? LOL. All motor.

Track is 1500 feet. Times MSA corrected for same weather at sea level was 12.25 @ 114 mph. My car is not a base auto. I have all the CS stuff which adds close to another 100 pounds. Race weight with me (230) was 3910.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep, sounds just like my car. I got everything but the glass roof, fully loaded premium car, with some added body work (gt500 wing, CS front valence, GT500 diffuser, etc). Weighed 3880 with me in it. In ~800DA went [email protected] Just put a circle D in with some tires, heading out tomorrow night. Hoping to go 11.6-11.7s.

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yep, sounds just like my car. I got everything but the glass roof, fully loaded premium car, with some added body work (gt500 wing, CS front valence, GT500 diffuser, etc). Weighed 3880 with me in it. In ~800DA went [email protected] Just put a circle D in with some tires, heading out tomorrow night. Hoping to go 11.6-11.7s.
Damn, these A6s are unreal drag cars.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I fully agree. The VMP tune really wakes up the auto.
Even with the TC on.....I make 2 nice black stripes on the streets :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts