Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever used Vogtland lowering springs??? im debating on either these or the Steeda Ultralights. i know the steeda's are pretty damn good, haven't heard many complaints about them, but ive heard some good things about the Vogtlands as well. just wanted to get some "user" input on 'em

·
Banned
822 Posts
Yes, and they're a little stiff feeling when used with Koni yellows. I have a set on my Bullitt. I like 'em, but they make my wife complain of sore boobs... ;)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
A lot of guys on Mustang Collective like the Vogtlands.

You can pair them up with Bilsteins or Tokico HP's for a smooth ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got a set of gt500 struts/shocks come'n in so wutever i end up gett'n is gonna be paired up w/ those. but i found the vogtlands for a pretty damn good price...$150 on www.hotpart.com. kinda hard to pass up i think

·
Banned
822 Posts
... but i found the vogtlands for a pretty damn good price...$150 on www.hotpart.com. kinda hard to pass up i think
They're a very high quality spring. So long as you're happy with the drop they give (GT version will give the GT a rake), then you'll love 'em. Be prepared for a firm ride.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I changed from BMRs to Vogtland GT500 lowering springs because I added a SC to my car. The BMRs could not handle the additional weight and would bind during open track days. The vogtlands are much better with my combo. I use them with D-Specs set on soft for the street which gives a nice ride that my wife likes.:laugh:.. I set the D-Specs almost full hard for the track and I have much more control of the car with the vogtlands. All in all a good compromise for street/track driving. If you do both, like I do you really need adjustable strut/shocks. The Konis are the best but you pay for them. The D-Specs are ok for a guy just having fun... If your real serious about track days you need a better strut. GA

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Koni Yellows are on sale right now, so basically the same price as D-specs. Go for the Koni's if you're looking at that kind of money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well luckily im not too serious about the track....i might make a few runs here and there, but for the most part its gonna be a DD. ive already bought the gt500 struts/shocks (couldn't really pass on them either being as i got'em for under $100!!!!) so just look'n to pair some springs up w/ those. we'll see, come this next paycheck ill decide and make my move.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.