Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you take your car in to ge the strut barrings replaced and the fuel tank replaced, under warranty, is your warranty void if you have modified your car such as CAI, SCT Tune and headers etc... ?

I would think since what I'm having replaced under warranty, which doesn't have anything to do with the engine, that it wouldn't void the warranty, anyone know though for sure? Am I right on this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer told me that if the modification causes the failure, then the repair is not covered under warranty.

I'm sure that there are a lot of gray areas. For example, if power adders and drag racing slicks overloaded your struts somehow, then you may get stuck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
They can't void the warranty on your gas tank because you modified your engine slightly. It's part of the Magnossun Moss act.
What they can do is make a note of the modifications on your car when you bring it in. If you bring it in later down the road for an engine issue they can say; "On this date when your car was returned for service you had these engine modifiers on your car. These modifiers are what broke your engine."
They have to prove that whatever you did caused the engine parts to break but it usually takes a courtroom to get them to do that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so that makes sense I guess. If i went and got my struts replaced to fix that popping noise and fuel tank fixed, they would be able to do that, because my mods, (only a throttle body spacer, cai and a tune so far) couldn't have made the struts or fuel tank like it is.

Another question, is it a must to get those struts replaced??? Or are people just replacing them cause the popping noise is annoying???

I'm asking cause, I'm going to get them replaced, just not right now, lol. But I dont' want to be hurt anything by not replacing them just yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine done this week, and I've had the car for almost a year, so I can say that there were apparently no negative effects to not getting it fixed ASAP. I got so used to the pop that it almost sounded "broken" when I didn't hear it this morning. It's nice to have it done though.

I've got a CAI, exhaust and other things tweaked on my car and they didn't comment. Whether they noted it... that I don't know. If so, I guess if my engine implodes I can try taking it back to the purchasing dealership (100 miles away, which is why I don't get the service there) and see if they won't be nicer to me. Hopefully no engine implosions are in my future, especially considering that I'm not doing anything too crazy with my car.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
heck my dealership fixed my Throttle Position Senor (see TSB 05-15-4) even though my Zex nitrous kit was completely installed in plain view and the Zex wire was still spliced into the TPS wire! LOL!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishingjts said:
heck my dealership fixed my Throttle Position Senor (see TSB 05-15-4) even though my Zex nitrous kit was completely installed in plain view and the Zex wire was still spliced into the TPS wire! LOL!
nice!! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just went in to get my Strut popping issue fixed, I flashed the PCM back to stock just to be sure. I left the CAI on, and got a "that's cool" from the service guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts