Ford Mustang Forum banner

Vorech V2 SQ install 1991 Mustang GT Issue

1292 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  guch
Hello, I am new to the board and also to posting, but I have just installed a V2 Sq in my GT.
I just got the SC installed.. And I have done something pretty stupid.. ( Just so you know, I know what I did was stupid).. I have not yet turned back the timing to the standard 8-10degrees yet.. Like I said I just wanted to test it to check for leaks..and problems.. I havent even put the pusher T-rex pump in yet either ( dumb) I got on it a little bit.. and it seems that my car was Faster without the SC.. I got some detonation, and got off the gas.. I drove it about a mile or two back to my home. Noticed a decent amount of smoke apparently I was pissing some oil from the T-fitting by the oil pressure sender unit ( the vortech oil high pressure side) . but when I got back to the house, it seems that the engine was SUPER hot. Temp gauge showed.. on the lower side of the temp range.. but the engine was hot as hell. Basically I guess what I am getting at is would detonation cause the engine to get really hot.. ( like i said I wasnt really on it too hard.. ) but I will not be driving it until i get the timing set and the pusher pump installed.
Just some car info.. 77mm Pro M mass air. ( which I had to ditch to put this SC on wouldnt fit.. :( ) 65mm Ford motor sport TB, Auto specialties underive pulleys, B-303 cam , Ford Motorsport shortie ceramic coated headers , 2 chamber flo's 2 1/2 MAC cat back tubes. 14 degress of timing. 327 gears. and now vortech V2 SQ H.O SC.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
How many pounds of boost are you going for? That could affect the injector sizing.
A lean condition will definately make the engine run hot, and sounds like it was. And by the way, Vortech's make a LOT of heat themselves and can make under the hood feel hot, I'd get a mechanical temp gauge, they're more trustworthy than the stock gauge.
You were just in a rush to crank it with the supercharger on, wasn't you? :hihi: No biggie, I doubt you did any damage, it'd be apparent if you did. Get the timing correct, get the pump in and operating, and then get that thing tuned. Are you running any boost control like an MSD BTM? Be an emphatic suggestion if you don't have one yet.
One step at the time. You might go up to a 10 rib or even a cogged belt if you can't get it to stop slipping.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.