Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 4 hours of reading... I'm more confused now than I was... I'm putting a V3 on my car in the near future and I getting parts together... with 7 to 9 lbs am I safe to go with AGSF-22C gapped at .035 or should I go with the Lightning plug AGSF-12FM1... want to stay with Motorcraft plugs...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
hmmm not too many stick with motorcraft after going with forced induction. most people are running NGK TR6 plugs gapped at around .032-.035. that seems to be the most common setup, and so far has been working great for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motorcraft are really frowned on that much? I've used NGK in bikes before but never in a car... are the TR6s colder than the stock 32Ps?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
no they are actually encouraged. but when you up your game performance wise, especially with something big like a blower, sometimes it's necessary to move away from motorcraft.

and yeah i think they are 2 heat ranges colder than stock, but i could be wrong. they are definitely colder though.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The NGK TR6's are 1 heat range cooler. Gap @ .032-.035" as stated before. Also drop down to a 180F thermostat once the blower goes on.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
+1000 NGK TR-6 #4177 gapped to about .035 for your boost level closed to .032 for more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.