Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Vortech install completed yesterday by JMS. There are many youtube videos of the install and tuning to come if interested . Car made 7.2/lbs of boost +/- .2. Only hp mods are 3" o/r H pipe and CAI. Attached dyno chart has base line and end results on pump gas.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice numbers...wonder why they did not use SAE correction?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice numbers...wonder why they did not use SAE correction?
It was dynoed at sea level 100 degree and high humidity with the engined heat soaked for 1.5 hours. The actual numbers are legit and with smooting off it made 608. There may be an SAE dyno chart to come.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
nice numbers i want to see a video of the beast

·
Registered
297 Posts
heat soaked 1.5hrs? explain that to me. after 20 min it starts cooling down. btw, great #s! with the heat..

would love to see some photos, intercooler being the big one i am wondering about.

beers

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YouTube edited install coming Monday or Tuesday. Car was running for 1.5 hours when it made the 600hp it would have made more if cooled down. The air to air cooler is freaking huge. Required the bumper to be trimmed but does not affect appearance. Very pleased with the install. One small issue I orders the black an got the satin. The shop was honest about the screw up and worked to make me happy. Hats off to JMS.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
why the insanely low tq numbers? i imagine that has something to do with the 11:1 compression and keeping the motor safe?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Bad link, but I found it by searching youtube for JMS supercharger install 2011 5.0L. What kind of gas mileage did you get on way back to Ark? Any chance you could PM how much that pkg and install cost?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I averaged 21.9 with average speed of 78. Mileage was as good or better than stock.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the bad link my iPhone will not play it but the header is: JMS 2011 mustang supercharged 5.0L 600rwhp

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
why the insanely low tq numbers? i imagine that has something to do with the 11:1 compression and keeping the motor safe?
+1...seems strange. My little 96 makes 412rwhtq and it's non intercooled

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1...seems strange. My little 96 makes 412rwhtq and it's non intercooled
I would not get too caught up in torque. Street cars are more civilize without it. Most high revving super cars have low torque. Im certain this will run in the high 10s. It was runing 11.85 without the blower. I think The addition of 211 rwhp and 120 torque will drop a second off the et. I'll be at the track soon as the heat drops and will post the results.
@ 2nanystangs - no disrespect but I doubt ur 96 would run 11.85 as I did when I had 350/lbft tq?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just got the Vortech install completed yesterday by JMS. There are many youtube videos of the install and tuning to come if interested . Car made 7.2/lbs of boost +/- .2. Only hp mods are 3" o/r H pipe and CAI. Attached dyno chart has base line and end results on pump gas.
NICE....! that custom tune and 93 octane make a BIG difference compared to the stock vortech tune and 91 junk juice we run in california. no worries - your torque gains are just about spot on with not only vortech expectations but most any other sc kit for the 2011 out right now. ENJOY.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very impressive. Congratulations on the new install!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm still waiting for my supercharger installment. They pushed the date till Friday now :(

·
Registered
439 Posts

These type of SC don't put out a ton of boost at low rmps, unlike others. Maybe the OP can comment on how much boost he see's at 2-3k rpm.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
centrifigal blowers dont impress with huge torque numbers, as said I wouldnt get all caught up with it. pretty sick combo you got there!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts