Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
This is my first post so, bear with me. I bought a 2005 V6 mustang two summers ago with 51,500 miles on it. What it also had on it was a V-2 Vortech supercharger with the Air to Water intercooler and it is the High Output system. As I have been driving it I have noticed the surge tank fluid that is connected to the supercharger has been slowly going down, it is almost at unsafe levels and is hindering me from driving it. So, my question is, does anyone here have any idea of what type of fluid goes into the surge tank of the supercharger? I have heard anything as simple as a 75/25 antifreeze to water mixture to something more complex as lucas super coolant additive. I really am at this point very distraught and desperate for answers. If anyone has any ideas I would so greatly appreciate them. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You are talking about the surge tank for the air to water intercooler correct? If so, it should be a 25/75 antifreeze/water mix. Is the coolant mix leaking out? Here are the instructions straight from Vortech:

4. CAC cooling system.

a. Temporarily remove the 3/4" hose attached to the 3/4" x 90° fitting on the CAC surge tank.
b. Cap the open end of the 3/4" x 90° fitting using the provided vinyl cap.
c. Fill the CAC coolant using a 25%/75% antifreeze/water mix. Fill through the 3/4" hose removed from the surge tank fitting.
d. Fill the system until the coolant level reaches the surge tank.
e. Remove the vinyl cap from the surge tank fitting and reinstall the 3/4" hose previously removed and secure with the nylon ratchet clamp.
5. Reinstall the front bumper assembly

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed, and thank-you again so much! You literally have made my year. I appreciate the time you took; for not only researching my question but, responding to it as well. One other question, if you wouldn't mind? Does the mix have to be combined in a special container, or is a good estimate alright to go with?

·
Registered
103 Posts
No problem man. I've got the vortech on my car too, and I know some of the instructions can be lacking...especially on older kits.

I have the air to air cooler tho...so no coolant for me.

I'd just pre mix the solution in an old milk just before hand and dump it in. Close enough will be good enough ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts