Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1997 mustang gt 4.6 with the vortech v-1s supercharger with the 3.6" pulley. Ther is a noise coming from the supercharger but outside the car it honestly sounds like a bad powering steering pump. I tried to listen to the supercharger for noise or vibrations but nothing is apparent. when i pulled the belt off and rotated the pulley by hand i couldnt here anything, no grinding or clicking. I already need to replace the idler pulley, that squeels like no other when cold. I was just wondering if an one else has heard a similar noise coming from the vortech supercharger? Is a rebuild in order for the supercharger? Does anyone know the correct kit that i would need to use? Im not lookin for an unreliable amount of boost from the supercharger and even thought of increasing the pulley size... im new to this supercharger sound and trying to get up to speed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
is it a whining noise or like a rattling noise ? can you post a sound clip?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
yeah you have something going on there for sure. did you have any noises before the install ? what length bekt are you running and is everything lined up and running true?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.