Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a good deal for my 09 GT. It is a vortech Si trim v-3. I dont know the significance of the si trim. So could anyone answer my question of what does the s, si, and sc trim mean?

David

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you go to the vortech site you can compare all of the different units. They even have the compressor maps that you can view as well.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The main feature of the v3 is that it is internally lubricated. If you go to the vortech site you can compare all of the different units. They even have the compressor maps that you can view as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you give me a link because I am having trouble to find the difference between trims.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have to be a smart ass, I want to know the difference between trims that merely tells me cfm and max boost power. I want to the engineering difference like if one give off a different whine or anything.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Don't have to be a smart ass, I want to know the difference between trims that merely tells me cfm and max boost power. I want to the engineering difference like if one give off a different whine or anything.
No, I don't have to be a smart ass but I can. Just like you don't have to do your own searches but you can.

The link I posted showed cfm and max boost power. Now you want whine? Vortech's don't. Anything else we can do for you?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done plenty searches, all you have done is post stuff I've aallready looked up, so, I think you've done quite enough. Wouldn't want to waste your time. And by the way what would you call vortech's idle noise? A whistle. I heard something about silent trims. Which is what I was asking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, stay off my thread please. Your 0 help.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've done plenty searches, all you have done is post stuff I've aallready looked up, so, I think you've done quite enough. Wouldn't want to waste your time. And by the way what would you call vortech's idle noise? A whistle. I heard something about silent trims. Which is what I was asking.
My Vortech V3 is almost silent. There is no whistle or whine like the Procharger or Paxton 2200.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I heard something about silent trims. Which is what I was asking.
You didn't ask that here. Ask a specific question, maybe you'll get a specific answer.

By the way, stay off my thread please. Your 0 help.
YOUR thread?? Ha, no such thing, it's AFM's thread, for the benefit of all.

If I'm zero help, how come I found and posted answers you couldn't??

You're welcome :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Wild Pony 09

The data availble does not include decibles with hood closed or open or while under load. After a few searches you can find You Tube videos posted by Brenspeed and other private owners of this SC.
It will give you a idea what it sounds like with the hood open , closed , and in the car while under Boost.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What trim is your v3 SilverGTvert?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
My Vortech V3 is almost silent. There is no whistle or whine like the Procharger or Paxton 2200.
:headscratch: What Paxton 2200 are you talking about? I have a Paxton Novi 2200 SL and the by-pass valves are louder than the blower.... The Vortec V1 is loud (straight cut gears). The 2200 has "helical gears" (as opposed to straight cut gears) just like the V3 and V2...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I optioned my Procharger D1SC with the helical cut gears, you can get those or straight cut with it, and it's virtually silent. Some like a loud blower, I don't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts