Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my GT the dealer had added an VORTEX VALVE option for 595.00. He said the vortex valve would give you an 10% increase in MPG and an 8% increase in HP and that they added them to all their cars. I researched VORTEX VALVE on the net and found that the part was less than 100.00 and the install was simple as pie. The info did say that the valve would increase your MPG but I could'nt find anything about an increase in HP. I find there's a lot of smart cats on this site when it comes to these cars so can anyone fill us in on what I've left out would be a great help. If this is true (you don't think the dealer lied do you?) than for less than a bill you could have a great mod that's quite simple. I have a feeling that there's something rotten in Demark. Thoughts?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Scam

theyogawarrior said:
When I bought my GT the dealer had added an VORTEX VALVE option for 595.00. He said the vortex valve would give you an 10% increase in MPG and an 8% increase in HP and that they added them to all their cars. I researched VORTEX VALVE on the net and found that the part was less than 100.00 and the install was simple as pie. The info did say that the valve would increase your MPG but I could'nt find anything about an increase in HP. I find there's a lot of smart cats on this site when it comes to these cars so can anyone fill us in on what I've left out would be a great help. If this is true (you don't think the dealer lied do you?) than for less than a bill you could have a great mod that's quite simple. I have a feeling that there's something rotten in Demark. Thoughts?
Well-known scam. For a dealer to be adding that to new cars and suckering people merits you contacting your attorney general for the state.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read more about vortex valve and it does mention added HP. Go to town boys and do some investagating and tell us what you find/know

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wnewport, are you serious? could you please give me some more info so I can be informed enough to pick this fight. Because it's one I'm iching for.

·
Registered
305 Posts
theyogawarrior said:
wnewport, are you serious? could you please give me some more info so I can be informed enough to pick this fight. Because it's one I'm iching for.
Simple physics. If you put something in the way of the air flow like the Vortex Valve/Turbinator it will reduce airflow which in turn reduces power. These things basically look like fans. If you stick a fan in your intake but don't turn it on all you get is resistance.

P.S. These have been around for 30-40 years. If they actually did what they advertise then all car manufacturers would install them at the factory. It is only a 5 dollar piece of stamped metal. All manufacturers are looking for ways to increase their fleet fuel economy and they would be stupid not to use this if it worked.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 66stang. When I bought my car a couple of months ago i did'nt know about this site and the information found here. At the time i did know that Vortex made superchargers so I thought it must be the same company. Guess not. I thought the same as you if this was legit than every car co would use them and get the EPA off their backs. 10% better MPG my ass. The dealer has enough guts to put a sticker in window saying as much...I'll picket SUNRISE FORD of LA if it's the last thing I do.

·
Registered
419 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts