Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people in my area are a bunch of ricers. My muscle car buddies and I love putting them in place anytime we get. Unfortunately, there are some quick civics out there lol.... Anyway, one of the dudes I know from the gym has an 04 civic Si boosted (running 10 pounds today) w/ full bolt ons. We decide to go out for a race when were doing lifting and go to a near by road. We go from a 20 roll b/c there was some people behind us (yes I know, very irresponsible so spare me the guilt trip because I don't care).

We are bumper to bumper from the beginning 20 roll until the very end of second gear, where he starts to pull. By the end of third he is one car in front of me. Good race, but very disappointing losing to a rice burner. Not to upset though because his car runs a 13 flat (at 12 pounds) and we went from a roll giving him the advantage since he was already in boost. If I wouldn't have spent $400 on a tattoo yesterday, the gears would have already been ordered and his ass would be going down next time haha. Just thought this would be a fun little story for everyone haha

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Anything can be made fast if you are willing to spend the money. Would you rather ride in a mustang or a civic?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah there are some fast "ricers" out there. I would feel like sh** losing to a Civic (even boosted) but think of all he has on his car, if you had put as much money into your stang as he did with his civic you would have ate him alive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything can be made fast if you are willing to spend the money. Would you rather ride in a mustang or a civic?
I completely agree. Nothing like the fun of driving your stang with sight and sound of a freed up exhaust on a V8 - whether your just cruising, or racing. And when you have more than that done.... you're just boss haha

Yeah there are some fast "ricers" out there. I would feel like sh** losing to a Civic (even boosted) but think of all he has on his car, if you had put as much money into your stang as he did with his civic you would have ate him alive.
That's exactly what I told him when we were done and having some subway with everyone after the race lol. We both have our fair share of bolt ons, let me take all that money he used for his turbo and put on a blower. The best part is he bought the car that way. He hasn't done a single mod himself. With the car now approaching 75k miles on the motor i expect his first investment to be a rebuild haha

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
You gotta remember your mustang is a good 1000lbs more then his car.Power who knows what he has but it happens tho.Welcome to owning a mod motor your only hope is a turbo or blower on your car.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
and gears wont make you walk him boost always wins on the top end get some boost and see who wins then

·
Registered
653 Posts
throw a whipple on your stang and then we'll see who wins :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts