Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some vids of my exhaust and cam setup. Lemme know what ya think!

Idle

Idle & Rev

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It sounds really awesome. Are the power numbers before or after the head and cam swap?? It should be making way more power than that. Get a good tune and you'll be amazed at the difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
It sounds really awesome. Are the power numbers before or after the head and cam swap?? It should be making way more power than that. Get a good tune and you'll be amazed at the difference.
Numbers are after the PI swap and cam swap with SCT dynotune. This is through an automatic tranny. Numbers equate to roughly 317 hp and 350 tq at the motor, which is good because Im essentially a stock PI motor with cams and longtubes. I do not have underdrive pulleys or a plenum yet which will add about 10 rwhp to my combo.

Edit: Another reason Im not really concerned with the #s is that it dropped my et at the track from a [email protected] to a [email protected]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Something still isn't adding up. You should have higher numbers with PI heads and NPI pistons because the compression ratio jumps up. Also the cams should give you more on top of that. With aftermarket cams there's no way I should be putting down more than you. It's just not making any sense. Might want to talk to your tuner and see how much timing he has dialed in.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Something still isn't adding up. You should have higher numbers with PI heads and NPI pistons because the compression ratio jumps up. Also the cams should give you more on top of that. With aftermarket cams there's no way I should be putting down more than you. It's just not making any sense. Might want to talk to your tuner and see how much timing he has dialed in.
I agree that the numbers should be higher but I think its the loose torque converter more than anything else. His tune is probably fine, the converter is just hiding what his engine is truly making. You also have to take into consideration that his intake and heads are still stock and he doesn't have a plenum yet. It could also be the brand of dyno he used or the person working the dyno. Like he said, he went from a 15.0 to a 13.5 in the 1/4. Thats a pretty good time for an auto with his mods. Something else that proves my point is how low his torque reading is. That's the loose converter at play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.