Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off, no offense to any other V6 owners.

I am mainly interested in an early 2000 era V6 because it's better on gas and cheaper all around. However, on other sites, people are always telling me to go GT because the V6 is considered a "girls" car. Anyway, I like the looks of the car, but want decent gas mileage. I figured that I'll throw a flowmaster on it to make it more "macho", if you will. So I want to know from you V6 owners, how do you like them? Are they still pretty quick off the line than the average sedan (Corolla, Civic, Mazda...etc...)? I'm mostly interested in how it looks and sounds rather than what it can actually do. I guess you could say I'm looking for more style than I am all-around performance. This will be my first car (I'm a 19 y/o dude). Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
680 Posts
No, its not a girls car. No, it's not quick. Wash it, wax it, take pride in the fact that it is yours and you will always look back fondly when you are telling stories of your first car. Good luck.
That being said, hope it isn't pink or purple in color, then it maybe considered a girls car. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love my v6 have decent gas mpg and when i need to push it i can go. I'm just waiting to finish the bolt on then turbo time..:smilie

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've never been told my 2000 V6 is a chicks car.

If you want to make it sound better, get full exhaust, just throwing on a muffler won't do much at all.. As for looks, there are lots of things you can do (hood scoop, rear louvers, etc..)

·
Banned
439 Posts
Can't wait to take my 600hp chick car (V6) out for a spin against man cars (v8's)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Can't wait to take my 600hp chick car (V6) out for a spin against man cars (v8's)
can I spend the same amount of $$ on the car??
I mean really...compare oranges to oranges:hihi:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
can I spend the same amount of $$ on the car??
I mean really...compare oranges to oranges:hihi:
Yes you can, as long as its in the same body....

R

·
0 Posts
I have to say, the Mustang is kind of a girls car, but only if you drive it like one. :bigthumbsup
That being said 95% of the Mustangs around here are driven by women. Most of the so called "men" around here drive Civics. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
797 Posts
so, lets see with similar mods on the 5.0 I'm looking at 750hp+, I'm no math wizard but ....
and no I don't want to start another v6-v8 war, thats just more of the comparing apples to oranges

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have to say, the Mustang is kind of a girls car, but only if you drive it like one. :bigthumbsup
That being said 95% of the Mustangs around here are driven by women. Most of the so called "men" around here drive Civics. :rollgrin:
I hear ya...Mustangs seem to be chic cars for the most part here too, guys seem to prefer 800hp/1100ft-lb diesel 4x4's here (and believe me I have trouble keeping up with some of them:sadcry)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
so, lets see with similar mods on the 5.0 I'm looking at 750hp+, I'm no math wizard but ....
and no I don't want to start another v6-v8 war, thats just more of the comparing apples to oranges
Well... 5.0L parts are dirt cheap. You can't do it with a 2v GT

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I think the V6 stang is the cheerleader's car..... but once you slam it and put some decent wheels on it, then it doesn't look so much like one anymore.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
last i checked, gts and v6s look exactly the same.. minus the badges and tailpipes

·
Registered
507 Posts
There's a bumper sticker for that.

View attachment 108894

HAHA Epic!

But around my area. Theres a whole lot of pavement pounders with mudders and like 2 story lifts without even a single drop of mud on them. (its sad really) Then there are alot of GTs driven by women. (Daddy bought it I got type of deals. I live by Santa Clara U)

But my little six turns heads. People don't really know what my car is. I've been asked on different occasions what edition it is. I reply the CA Brian special:winks.
Basically your car is what you make it. Obviously everyone's got to start out somewhere. All those people who say that a V8 is the only thing to get. Either didn't buy they're car on they're own or have more than enough money where it doesn't matter.

I got a six cause. I do alot of roads trips (and 22 hwy opposed to 30hwy makes a diff) Also insurance is like half what GT would be.
Plus most girls don't know the diff anyway. They just recognize the car as a mustang.

·
Registered
795 Posts
last i checked, gts and v6s look exactly the same.. minus the badges and tailpipes
Exactly... The V6 can be a good sleeper though I guess. Just pick up chicks in the car so it can be called the "chick magnet" not "chick car"

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't think my 2003 v6 convertible is a chick car, my wife does drive it most of the time but I enjoy driving it and have never felt like I was driving a girly car. We bought the v6 instead of a gt for the better gas and cheaper insurance. We go on a lot of road trips and the mileage more than makes up for the lesser hp. It has the mach sound package and leather so it has everything the gt has except the other two cylinders which can be made up for with a few mods if you want.

S

·
0 Posts
Get it and be happy! All Mustangs rule.

I've never thought of any Mustang as a chick or dude's car... just a Mustang.

:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.