Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy is selling his t3/t4 hybrid to me for 300 bucks. ive wanted to do a junkyard turbo setup til i can afford a nice one. do i need to run off both headers or can i use just one? i was also wondering if i could see some of your setups. i know hotwheels will look at this and i wouldnt mind seeing you engine bay if you dont mind. little feed back would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
A single T3/T4 hybrid is too small for a 5.0. Now if you could get two T3/T4 hybrids that would work just fine.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Check our tech section, we have a series of Turbo How to series.

About running on a single bank of cylinders, YES you can do it, there is really nothing wrong doing it that way.

Many will say that by running it in one bank you will weaken the drivetrain on that side....yes it is true, but its also true if you install twin turbos on both banks.

Anyways..the thing is yes you can do it, i ran into a guy that did exactly that on a 5.0 and his car still runs great. He has a T3 in there, and sees around 4-5 psi.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u sure man? i just went and looked at it and it is pretty good size. prob a lil bigger than an 18g turbo. ill get some pics of it

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
T3/T4 Hybrids make perfect twin setups. I have twin Garret GT35's (modified) they are almost the same thing as a T3/4 (size)

Here is a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a t3/t4 50 trim, i think it will be fine for now, but will prob pick up another one

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you're realistic with the HP you'll get out of a T3/T4, you should be fine. You're not going to make 400hp with it, but 350hp is realistic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.