Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 2006 Stang Gt Automatic......
I want a louder sounding stang gt.
Can I just have a muffler place install just the Mufflers just to get the louder sound of the stang?
And what will it cost me for a Muffler place to install them?
And will they have to adjust my computer on the car?
I want something that sounds loud but not annoying.And what is a good brand and model to use?........JohnnyT

G

·
There are a million after markets exhaust mufflers out there.

The guy who has that particular style will say his is the best.

The more popular ones are;

Bassani, SLP, Magnaflo, Borla

You will not need to retune over a muffler.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the Ford Racing Exhaust, which are basically Borla's. They cost around $400 totoal for the pair, not bad if you ask me.

As for installation, it will take you about an hour to install the pair. If you have a couple of wrenches and a set of ramps, you are all set. They are easy to install as the exhaust on the S197 Mustang is an axel-back system.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sound is personal taste. All the axle backs are an easy install - don't pay a muffler shop.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The new Borla axle backs on the LMPerformance site are xactly like Steeda, just a Borla stamp on the can. What a gimmick w/ all these companies.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I personally like the sound of the Flowmaster American Thunder axle backs. As a vert owner, I didn't want something as loud as the SLPs or FR setups. Easy install as well. I found them cheapest (with FREE shipping) for around $277.00 at www.jegs.com :wavey

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Midis Muffler wants $300 to install Flowmasters in my 06 stang Gt,,,Thought thats a good price?
Would like to get it a bit louder without replacing everything.
Thought the mufflers would be good enough just to replace for the sound only.JohnnyT

·
Registered
559 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Ok i have a 2006 Stang Gt Automatic......
I want a louder sounding stang gt.
Can I just have a muffler place install just the Mufflers just to get the louder sound of the stang?
And what will it cost me for a Muffler place to install them?
And will they have to adjust my computer on the car?
I want something that sounds loud but not annoying.And what is a good brand and model to use?........JohnnyT
Dear Johnnytuinals,

I have a 2005 GT w/automatic and installed MACs axleback mufflers...

"Kick Ass" sound brother and for about $349.50 or less at some web sites...

Try 'em!!!

Dave :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Midis Muffler wants $300 to install Flowmasters in my 06 stang Gt,,,Thought thats a good price?
Would like to get it a bit louder without replacing everything.
Thought the mufflers would be good enough just to replace for the sound only.JohnnyT
300 istalled sounds fair! It is a very easy install and I figure they sell you the mufflers and put them on for free...?? If you have allot of highway miles be careful not to get a set with a droan... I got the MACs and had to swap them for a set of JBAs... I really like my JBAs...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i think with midis mufflers putting on Flowmasters at $300 is a very fair price?
Wondering what type of flowmasters will they put on at that price or should I ask fora special type of flowmasters?
I want something louder where they know I am coming down the block in 3rd gear(I have automatic}
But I don't want them where you hear it 2 miles away..johnnyT:happyhapp

·
Registered
559 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Yea i think with midis mufflers putting on Flowmasters at $300 is a very fair price?
Wondering what type of flowmasters will they put on at that price or should I ask fora special type of flowmasters?
I want something louder where they know I am coming down the block in 3rd gear(I have automatic}
But I don't want them where you hear it 2 miles away..johnnyT:happyhapp
Then get the MACs!!!

The Flowmasters are too quiet...

D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank yea......
I had a Dodge Daytona Truck in front of me and that thing sounded so loud,,,,,Don't want something that loud all the time..johnnyT:happyhapp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts