Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to take my 302 to a 327. Has anyone done this type of build? I know that there are many people out there that are running 306's and 347's, that's why I want to build a 327. What are the pro's and con's to doing this build? I have already found a place that sells the stroker kit for it but if people know any other places please let me know. I went to a speed shop to see how much they would charge to build this motor for me. they told me that it would cost about 5k to build a motor. That's including all parts needed for the 327 and the dyno run. That doesn't include the cam, gaskets, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
your horsey awaits you

blkgt50 said:
I'm wanting to take my 302 to a 327. Has anyone done this type of build? I know that there are many people out there that are running 306's and 347's, that's why I want to build a 327. What are the pro's and con's to doing this build? I have already found a place that sells the stroker kit for it but if people know any other places please let me know. I went to a speed shop to see how much they would charge to build this motor for me. they told me that it would cost about 5k to build a motor. That's including all parts needed for the 327 and the dyno run. That doesn't include the cam, gaskets, etc.

Ok first of all 5 K Those guys wont be in business very much longer. ok the only real way to do this is take a 351 winsor block, destroke it with a 302 crank, put 351 winsor dome pistons in it. 302 crank allows for extra combustion, and the dome pistons make a virtual adder of inches. let me know what you think i might have a few more ideas. have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.