Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 1998 GT current mods are, k&N filter (soon to be fenderwell cold air intake kit) Diablo computer chip, 3.73 gears off road H-pipe flow master 40 series 2 inch lowering kit, after market wheels, and a sweet air brush kit, (hope to have pix soon) i want to run mid 10's and still be streetable any ideas for future mods? im thinking about just supercharging it but i dont think thats going to be enough power (8 psi) and i dont want nitrous

·
Registered
342 Posts
my1ststang98gt said:
Hello, i have a 1998 GT current mods are, k&N filter (soon to be fenderwell cold air intake kit) Diablo computer chip, 3.73 gears off road H-pipe flow master 40 series 2 inch lowering kit, after market wheels, and a sweet air brush kit, (hope to have pix soon) i want to run mid 10's and still be streetable any ideas for future mods? im thinking about just supercharging it but i dont think thats going to be enough power (8 psi) and i dont want nitrous

How much do you have to spend?

Mid tens arent as easy as bolting on a poweradder.

You will need a completely new motor tranny and rear end plus suspension to get down that far.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You wanna hit 10's with a 98 and be streetable? Highly unlikely. Youll need deep pockets to get into the 10's. A more realistic goal may be to aim for low to mid 12's. The 98's dont have good flowing heads or intake manifold. You might want to start looking into the "PI" replacements.

Some of our 4.6 guys can give you some info on that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
u will need lot's of money to hit 10's and also lot's of practice on the track, right now i'm at the high 12's with bolt-ons and minor suspension work on my 2000 gt and high 11's on the juice, but it was not that easy to get there i took time and money, so i would say new engine, suspension, poweradder and there is going to be a 75% that's not going to be street legal. So just aimed for the 11's and u will be happy cause is going to be streetable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Its my goal also and its very do able, however as others had stated you'll need deep pockets. I've spent over $10,000 so far and am only nipping at the 11 sec mark, I havent fully used the nitrous yet (only shot 75 so far next time out 150, wanted to get a few miles on it) I plan to add the VT stage 2 heads and Fox lake intake this winter. You'll need to pretty much change everything, I started with VT sportsman short block, all forged and completey ARP'd, CP pistons -9cc, Ive got the big Comp cams but of course it wouldn't run intill we got it more fuel and bigger injectors. Anyway you should be getting the idea. Also you need to consider emisions, in NY we have to plug in to the capitol so they can check for codes, I have an SCT tune with mulitple programs so I dont throw codes during the inspection. One more note this is not a daily driver more of a race car with tags and an interior but does see some street use.
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.