Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my other wheel opinion thread fizzled out, so, here I am, to ask the Mustang faithful :worship, for your opinion on another set of wheels for my 2012 Pony.

Don't hold back...

Here is my car:

The possible suitors:

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Personally, I prefer the first pic...cleaner look.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just got these from AMerican Muscle--

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Well, I probably said last time too, but I'm sorta partial to the wheels it was born with (see my signature line, hee hee). And maybe it's overkill for you, but on your car I like how the tri-bar pony emblems match 360, wheel centers, sides, decklid, etc. Especially with your awesome pony grille. :bigthumbsup

I'm actually thinking about replacing my GT deck emblem (faux cap) with the tri-bar pony to unify the appearance of mine (and to mess with people's minds a little). :gringreen

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I prefer the first pic...cleaner look.
Thanks for your opinion.
I just got these from AMerican Muscle--
I don't see anything? So you got nothing from AM? :p
Well, I probably said last time too, but I'm sorta partial to the wheels it was born with (see my signature line, hee hee). And maybe it's overkill for you, but on your car I like how the tri-bar pony emblems match 360, wheel centers, sides, decklid, etc. Especially with your awesome pony grille. :bigthumbsup

I'm actually thinking about replacing my GT deck emblem (faux cap) with the tri-bar pony to unify the appearance of mine (and to mess with people's minds a little). :gringreen
I hear ya. I don't NOT like the stock wheels. In fact, they've really grown on me. I like them a lot, but I just want a lil something different to have on for part of the year. To not let the look get old over time.

I like your idea of adding the fuax tripony cap too, I think it'll look great on a GT. Personally I'm leaning toward the '12 GT/CS grill too, so that'll really give the tribars the 360 treatment.

Again, thanks for your opinion too.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I also like your stock wheels, but the center picture of the VSRs looks pretty nice to me as well. Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks satin and I think that would look nice with your black Mustang. I'm toying with the idea of putting new wheels on my baby as well. Depends if I really drive this thing in the winter or not...I got decisions to make too. :winks

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Tribar Pony cap is a great way to go, especially if you're already badged three-quarters of the way. No shame or real deception in it, as the king Mustang (BOSS 302) comes from the factory with one. Why not?

@ 412 Horses: The true deception would be if a GT owner went with a set of factory V6 PP wheels, a V6 rear Valence, and a Pony grille and fascia, with the 5.0's plucked! Especially if ole GT had a Paxton or Whipple tucked away under there! :gringreen

To the OP: I think either set of wheels go well with ole Tri-bar Pony. I say save your bucks for a different kind of mod and keep the rollers you have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the question should be, what do you have against the stock wheels?! They're awesome! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also like your stock wheels, but the center picture of the VSRs looks pretty nice to me as well. Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks satin and I think that would look nice with your black Mustang. I'm toying with the idea of putting new wheels on my baby as well. Depends if I really drive this thing in the winter or not...I got decisions to make too. :winks
I hear ya. Thanks for giving your thoughts about them. I kind of think they'll look pretty sweet too. I do believe they are a satin finish. Not overly shiney. They're machined, so it won't have that high gloss polished look, and the black accents are just gravy. Again, I think they'll look great.
To the OP: I think either set of wheels go well with ole Tri-bar Pony. I say save your bucks for a different kind of mod and keep the rollers you have.
Thanks for the tip.
I think the question should be, what do you have against the stock wheels?! They're awesome! :bigthumbsup
Yeah, they are pretty awesome. I didn't think so at first, but they've really grown on me.

We'll see. I'd have to sell the black wheels I have first before I ultimately pull the trigger on a new set. It's just, I'd like to have an alternate set. Something I can swap out whenever, or use for winter tires. It cures my boredom. lol

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about these?

or

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
^^ Would just go with the TSW Nurburgring or shelby SVT wheels in that case..even the RTR wheels are similar..talking about the first pic of course..I believe SportMuscle makes on similar to the second pic you just posted.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm... Except 18" TSW Nurburgring's cost over $1000. These cost half that. I see no benefit. Thanks though.

I also like these and they're a good price.

G

·
I know the GT500s aren't as unique for a Mustang as some other wheels, but they do look good and don't cost a lot especially through AM. I have a set of seven spoke wheels I am also considering, but keep coming back to the black GT500 wheels. The offset is perfect and staggered sets are available too.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the GT500s aren't as unique for a Mustang as some other wheels, but they do look good and don't cost a lot especially through AM. I have a set of seven spoke wheels I am also considering, but keep coming back to the black GT500 wheels. The offset is perfect and staggered sets are available too.
Hell, they're more unique than Bullitt wheels on the Mustang. That's common place. Not that there's anything wrong with that! They're beautiful.

If I can sell the set I have now, 18" Black, Momo Strike Wheels (5x114.3) - Mustang Classifieds, then I can afford to get a new set. IE. the above!!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ That was my 1,000 post! Wooooooo

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hell, they're more unique than Bullitt wheels on the Mustang. That's common place. Not that there's anything wrong with that! They're beautiful.
I really like the previous stock 5-spokes, the Bullit look-alikes. The 2011-12 version, with the groove up the middle of each spoke, not so much. Thought about finding someone with the older version who liked the new ones and wanted to swap for the low-mileage tires, but then I thought about the hassle of the TPS sensors...:confused:

As for the OP's question, I definitely like the VSR's you're considering better than the current...IMO, anything over 5 spokes (or the likeness thereof) is too many.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Totally agree, your car looks awesome stock. But if you have to change wheels, I would look for something in black with a chrome lip.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As for the OP's question, I definitely like the VSR's you're considering better than the current...IMO, anything over 5 spokes (or the likeness thereof) is too many.
Thanks for giving your opinion on the them. I appreciate it.
Totally agree, your car looks awesome stock. But if you have to change wheels, I would look for something in black with a chrome lip.
Thanks for the compliment. Again, I don't have anything against my stockers. I really like them actually, but I'd just like to have another set, something that will make it look more aggressive and unique.

Still looking for more thoughts on the aftermarket wheels I've posted about. I'm leaning toward the 2010 GT500 ones from AM.

Found this picture and I'm really liking how it looks...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts