Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying a 2000 to 2004 Mustang body style. I was wanting advice and opinions on the years and car. what is the best year to buy? Pros cons?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What do you think its worth? Mustang convertible, V8, manual with 78,xxx miles.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Try inputing the data into the NADA online calculator. I've found it to be pretty accurate, but without paying for the service the number of times you can use it is limited.
Used Car Value

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are there any other options that are different from the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, what about convertible?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I understand that they reinforced the area around the windshield for the 2003/2004 vert to prevent the windshield from cracking when leaning hard into a curve. I had an 02 vert and loved it! Starting in 01, the headlights are smoke instead of clear for the 99-00 cars. The scoop on the hood was not available until either 01 or 02. All these years are good, especialy if you can find a low milage car. There was no major change in HP or tranny for these years. There are a lot of these cars available in nice shape, so shop around if you have time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many miles is to many miles?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats insurence like on a 1999-2004 mustang convertible v8 for a 18 year old with no tickets or accidents?

·
Registered
16 Posts
2000-2004 differences

I have a 2003 gt convert and from what I have read Ford made a major change to the rear suspension for the 2003 model year. At least thats what the car review specs say... Ed

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I would look at a car with no more than 10-12K per year. Of course, if you can find one with less, even better. Also, make sure the car has been owned by someone who has done regular service and oil changes. You don't want to inherit any bad problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.