Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install the correct seat belts for my 64 1/2 mustang convertible. I am looking for the red bright seat belts with the "scissor" type mounting to an eyebolt on the floor. I understand that they should be a chrome, "alligator" finish pull type; not push. Can anyone confirm I am looking for the correct belts and where I may find them. The existing belts are 65? with an eye to mount with a bolt so I don't have cores to send in for restoration.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Here are some shots of my original 65 seat belts. This car was made around November 15th 1964. The clasps look like what you're looking for however, the mountings are one piece bolt through design.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Are you sure those are not original to your car? They installed both styles in 64-1/2 and 65. My 64-1/2 San Jose Convertible has the eyebolt style but my 64-1/2 Dearborn coupe had the bolt in style and both were originals.

If you had to have them I would suggest Colorado Mustang for used or monitoring eBay. They are surely rare and don't pop up very often.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Are you sure those are not original to your car? They installed both styles in 64-1/2 and 65. My 64-1/2 San Jose Convertible has the eyebolt style but my 64-1/2 Dearborn coupe had the bolt in style and both were originals.

If you had to have them I would suggest Colorado Mustang for used or monitoring eBay. They are surely rare and don't pop up very often.

·
Registered
85 Posts
chrome belts

Hello! I am new here, would be very interested to hear more about these belts. My 64 1/2 has the chrome belts you are talking about. My buddy, who is fairly knowledgeable about Mustangs said that he had never seen them before. Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've had those you've pictured on two cars, both "64.5"'s. I had an August '65 which had the plastic covered ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
seat belts

you're looking for the correct belts/bolts, but good luck finding them. I found mine on ebay, but that was about 10 years ago. Bolts were especially hard to find. Black belts are always easier, too, but one day they'll show up. They were certainly easier to find then the Silhouette light for the grille pony. That took 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts