Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Its been about 93 here and i run the AC, but yes i noticed around my shifter and my shifter knob gets warm. I figured they must not have insulated around that very well and it was seeping up. But that little nagging voice says i sure hope thats it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Having been under the car just yesterday working in that very area, I can tell you the tunnel for the trans comes right close up there, and just inches below is the trans and tailshaft, plus the front of the driveshaft AND the exhausts sweep in close together at that spot. Warm would be pretty normal considering whats all close by under that spot and that the tunnel will act like a heat trap.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Blk_05GT_69ing said:
hes anyone else notcieing warm spots on and around concole and shifter ? i no its warm out but tempiture reads normal
Your cats are right under the tunnel (Console), that is where the heat is coming from...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Blk_05GT_69ing said:
ok,thx for comments,so souldnt be doing any harm to are cars then?
Doubtful since it is a factory feature... But by installing a good X-Pipe with High Flow Cats, the issue will be resolved. Just another reason to spend more "GOFAST" money!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nbk13nw said:
Doubtful since it is a factory feature... But by installing a good X-Pipe with High Flow Cats, the issue will be resolved. Just another reason to spend more "GOFAST" money!
ive got a mac pro chamber pipe so i ant gettin a H-hipe but i still have cats in so i dont no

1 - 7 of 7 Posts