Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the deal. My '05 Mustang GT just cost me another cool $3800 :doh:

I couldn't bare to drive her in the winter, so here's what I bought. A '97 Mercury Mountaineer! :shrug

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I sympathize with you on this. I just picked up a 91 Ranger with a plow for winter and stuff.

·
Registered
269 Posts
speedytang said:
For winter you should have purchased a $1k car instead of a $3.8k.
Maybe, but I would rather drive a $3.8k vehicle than push a $1k one:)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
My question is how could you bare not to be with her for the entire winter?

·
Registered
157 Posts
speedytang said:
For winter you should have purchased a $1k car instead of a $3.8k.
Have you seen the cars for $1K?? I would rather have one that I can actually drive through the winter.

tw0scoops123 said:
My question is how could you bare not to be with her for the entire winter?
You should see how some of these people drive in the winter!! The first snow or ice storm will see half the population in the ditch, so, with that said, I will protect my baby by keeping her in a nice, warm, insulated garage with her blankie on her.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
OUPony said:
You should see how some of these people drive in the winter!! The first snow or ice storm will see half the population in the ditch, so, with that said, I will protect my baby by keeping her in a nice, warm, insulated garage with her blankie on her.
And if you notice, most that end up in the ditch are SUV's that think can go anywhere, a couple winters ago during a snow, I seen one on it's roof in a ravine, with the sticker still on the window:shocked:

·
Registered
324 Posts
You should see a place like Albuquerque that gets even less snow and ice what happens when the first one hits. I have a Jeep Wrangler with some off-road goodies. I could make a killing if I actually charged people to pull them out. Good Karma is more important.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I feel for you. I HAD to roll up one of my windows and put on a shirt for my drive up the coast to Malibu. I don't know if I can make it through the So Cal winter with the grls wearing shorts instead of bathing suites.:)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What is winter? I've never experienced anything that requires another vehicle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
JEB perhaps we should not gloat. Don't forget your sunscreen. ;)

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I've got my Ram 3500 4x4 dually for winter. I can just drive over people if I need to. Fortunately I've never had to.:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
so the snow and ice is really a terror huh?lucky we dont get that out here in the dessert.but i dont know if id rather drive in snow/ice or drive with a bunch of yahoos on the road with undeserving driver's licenses.:sterb:

·
Registered
209 Posts
GumDropLarry said:
so the snow and ice is really a terror huh?lucky we dont get that out here in the dessert.but i dont know if id rather drive in snow/ice or drive with a bunch of yahoos on the road with undeserving driver's licenses.:sterb:
Try driving with yahoo's in snow and ice.:happyhapp When I lived in Tucson, the Snowbirds required you to be an evasive (defensive) driver.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
JEB said:
What is winter? I've never experienced anything that requires another vehicle.
Well, for one thing, you can keep dreaming of a white Christmas, because, it ain't going to happen :laughlitt

·
Registered
324 Posts
I lived at Nellis AFB from 96-2000 and I remember getting very light blanket of snow a few times. The entire city almost shut down until about 9 A.M. when it was all gone. Driving up to Mt. Charleston in the winter was usually pretty interesting.

GumDropLarry said:

·
Registered
32 Posts
winter?

theyogawarrior......i feel you on the SoCal winter thing.....like birds, i head south for the winter (bout an hour drive down PCH to Long Beach....hehehe). but i also own a ranger so whenever those wild fires spark up from those santa ana winds, i cover my baby to protect her from ash and pull out the ranger.....life is so hard here in SoCal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts