Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2nd gear started to grind on me and my car is daily driver thats not abused. so i wondered what happened, when i tooked it to the shop came to find out that FORD had some problems with it. they had a TSB complaint that some 04 tremec 3650 mustangs experience a 2nd gear grind or loss of 2nd gear. ford now offers a kit to repair the problem. just want to give the heads up on the problem i experienced.o yeah the kit is expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2001 Bullitt. Luckily mine was repaired under warranty but it would have been very expensive had I had to pay for it out of my own pocket. When shifting into 2nd gear it would randomly pop out of gear & would grind in and out of 2nd. So be careful if you notice this take it in immediately. When I tried to bring it to the dealership the salesman tried to blame it on me saying I wasn't shifting it right... but this was also the guy who tried telling me that it was normal for my brakes to squeal...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Mine kinda scrapes when its cold, but after goin through the gears some, it stops and doesnt have any problems. Havent actually had it grind, but if it does shes goin right to the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.