Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question :)

If I was to do a cat back exhaust, cold air intake & little tuning, I assume it would void the warranty. So what can you do without voiding the warranty?

·
Super Moderator
2,860 Posts
Question :)

If I was to do a cat back exhaust, cold air intake & little tuning, I assume it would void the warranty. So what can you do without voiding the warranty?
The technical answer is any aftermarket part you do will void some part of the warranty. The way the warranty works is if the aftermarket part can be linked to the issue then it isn't covered under warranty. However if aftermarket parts can't be linked to the issue then it "should" be covered under warranty. Now notice should is in "". That is because as you will hear from others and if you search you will find it varies depending on what dealer you are working with.

·
Super Moderator
2,860 Posts
I will probably wait about 33 months then :)
I mean that is what I have always struggled with when I have had a Mustang under warranty. haha I normally just leave the motor and trans alone as those are you to biggest cost items that a warranty really comes in handy for.

What you can do that won't void those two important items is axle back exhaust, suspension upgrades, wheels and tires, and cosmetic mods. So still plenty of great things that the car will need anyway to put down and utilize the power adder mods that you can do later either when warranty expires or you don't care if parts of it or all of it get voided.

Just my thoughts. Let me know if you have any other questions and hope I have helped.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Make friend with the guys in the shop. when I had the v6 it had all kinds of mods took it in for service bought my mechanic lunch and everything was great. I haven't done any performance mods to my car yet because I think its fast enough without doing anything. All I've done is cosmetic stuff, tinted window, tinted tail lights and MMD hood struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts