Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to sign the papers tomorrow morning on a new 2012 GT with the MT82 tranny but after all I've read here on that tranny I think I'm gonna hold off for now . I'm bummed because I really wanted the car and my salesman is great but until this tranny problem stuff gets resolved I'm gonna wait it out .
Don't flame me but this was going tp be my every day car and so I can't be dropping it off at the dealer for continuos problems .
What a bummer. Maybe I can talk my wife into letting me get a Shelby .

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was going to sign the papers tomorrow morning on a new 2012 GT with the MT82 tranny but after all I've read here on that tranny I think I'm gonna hold off for now . I'm bummed because I really wanted the car and my salesman is great but until this tranny problem stuff gets resolved I'm gonna wait it out .
Don't flame me but this was going tp be my every day car and so I can't be dropping it off at the dealer for continuos problems .
That was what I did. Took a few minutes to talk my wife into adding an additional $10,000 and getting a GT500. Hopefully it will be worth it :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Its your decision and possible loss of enjoyment. The vast majority have no problems and are enjoying their vehicles. Mine works fine and the car is fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Don't just walk away from an awesome car to own and drive just because of a small number of ppl having problems. 8000+ miles on mine and no problems at all. It still puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up:smilie Just buy it and enjoy it without worrying about everything that COULD go wrong.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yep, good idea...! Get that Camry for sure...! Just make sure those floor mats are in there good and tight though... :)

.......The odds are way big in your favor that nothing will be wrong with your M82. Maybe go out and get the Challenger or maybe the Camaro. All good looking, fast, and fun cars. I just think the Mustang looks better than them all although the Challenger comes pretty close with the Camaro a distant third..... Your choice though. Regards

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I'm still waiting on the "dreaded head tick" that is supposed to be a done deal on the 03 Cobras. A Shelby would be awesome if you could swing it. Only problem is next years is supposed to have 620-650. The 12 model would be down big time but this may lead to some mark downs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sweet. Good decision.

Just make sure not to drive back home, or travel in a car, because you might die in a car wreck.

Once you're home, don't use anything electrical, because you might die from an electrical shock.

In fact, don't go outside, because you might die from a lightning strike.

Sissy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all with the kind words . I have a 6.2 Raptor that is alot of fun but I've been wanting a stick shift muscle car for years . The Challenger looks great but that SRT8 is expensive .

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet. Good decision.

Just make sure not to drive back home, or travel in a car, because you might die in a car wreck.

Once you're home, don't use anything electrical, because you might die from an electrical shock.

In fact, don't go outside, because you might die from a lightning strike.

Sissy.
Thanks for the warm welcome to the new guy .

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
It's amazing what the Internet can do to people.
LOL Yeah , I agree! I just got my second oil change today; having 10.000 miles and love my 5.0 GT/CS!! No worries. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
A couple of things. 1. I simply love my new 5.0 MT. 2. This is the badest car I ever owned and wouldnt trade it for any thing. 3. You can get on the internet and find a thread on any car or product out there with some issues with it. Just saying think about it before you let a couple of issues probably less than 1% of a car production having issues with it. My wife drives her car every day and is excited everytime she gets in it. Look at this there is not another better looking or running car in the price range out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't buy your explanation. I think there's more to the story here, or I smell a fish!

If you haven't owned many manual performance cars before, than people may be disappointed with how different they shift, say compared to a Honda Civic or Mazda 3, but by no means is Ford having so many manual transmission problems that their shops are filled with nothing but Mustang transmission problems. If they were, Ford would not be building anything other than Automatic cars while the issue gets corrected, but that's not the case.

Thank God Ford does not depend on fickle buyers like you. Maybe your fickleness is better suited for a BMW. I hear they will lick the soles of your shoes when you bring your car in for a warranty work...

If it matters to you, which apparently everything you read on this forum does since it changed your buying of the car, still not buying your explanation, I have almost 15,000 miles on my 7-month old 3.73 daily driver, and she still shifts just fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

When you get to the BMW dealer, ask for Harold, the official shoe sole licker. :smartass:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah, mine is fine. It's warm blooded for sure, but after it's warm I have NO real shifting issues. I shift around the notchiness when it's cold.

Your loss man. And to the poster who got a GT500 instead, my buddy's 2011 GT500 SVTPP has problems shifting in to 2nd at high RPM. At least MT82's don't have that issue... Have fun.....

Just saying......... (F'in tranny threads are popping up like weeds now)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Your loss OP. Vocal minority wins again.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Just buy the vehicle and if there is a problem Ford will address the issue on a "case-by-case" basis.

·
Super Moderator
7,821 Posts
Nick, I'm also holding off also until the engine ticks and knocks, and shifter lockup get addressed and will enjoy what I have now that gives me no issues.

The problems may affect a minority of cars but it's significant enough that too many owners are telling others of the problems and how Ford is or is not addressing it which is the second reason I'm holding off.

I don't begrudge anyone the enjoyment of their 2011/2012 and they should respect the decision of us that are holding off the purchase of a new car until Ford takes the problems seriously and fixes them.

And the reports of some service department interactions is just as disturbing as the reported mechanical issues. Some dealership problems may be interaction skills between owner and the service tech, or maybe Ford doesn't want to admit they have these problems so they can forestall the huge financial liability of repairs or module replacements.

Yes, the internet is powerful. Ford should understand that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i think you are making a smart decision.
+1 being prudent never hurt anyone and like you said it will be your DD to boot. I too am holding off and waiting to see how this is fixed. Smart move. To the guys that are not having a problem good on ya enjoy your ride am jealous.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.