Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a Search when this caught my eye...Now Im not one to go to the (2011+ Mustang GT Tech Forum) as I dont have a GT let alone a 2011 Mustang but this was a Thread in there.
I was considering Buying a New Mustang with the V8 5.0 Coyote Motor, Im glad I saw this thread.....
Seems a-lot of 2011 Mustang GT Owners are Experiencing a (Knock) in there Motor upon start up and untill the Temperature Guage get's in the middle,(Warms Up) then it goes away. I read the Thread and most say the Knock is Piston Related, there Engine sounds like a Disel. Many have Complained to there Dealer and to FORD Customer Service about this and there getting the OL ( It's the way it's suppos-to sound) Crap, some have heard that FORD knows of the Problem and are trying to do a fix of it for the 2012 GT's, but as of yet Nothing for the 2011 5.0 GT Owners.
FORD has said that it's a (Cold Running Calibration Issue) too much Timing in either the Spark or Cams. The ones who have had their 5.0 Re-Calibrated to compensate for the Knock issue say there Stang runs worse and is real Sluggish and still have the Knock.
Now the Owners say this is a Knock, not a Tick and that it sounds Piston Related, the Engine Knocks untill the Engine Warms Up, or the (Piston is Rocking in the Bore untill Warm)
The Issue has yet to be resolved and many 5.0 Owners ar'nt Happy. Now I know this is a V6 Forum and I started this Thread as I was Suprised to see this, I had No Idea and had'nt I found the Thread and Read it I could be one who goes out and Buys a New 5.0 GT only to find out that the Motor Knocks, this was good to know as I wont be getting any 2011 5.0 Mustang Ever.
Now I watched a Ford TV Special on the New BOSS 302 and how FORD did Much Reasearch on Developing the 5.0 Coyote Motor and that it was Solid as a Rock and that they were'nt gonna release it untill it was 100%, and that they had achieved this and it went into Production, I was Impressed and wanted one, but then I read that Thread.
Now Im not one to Buy the (First Year) of anything out, especially a New Model Car and even more not one with a New Type of Engine as they always have (Bugs) to work out. Well the 5.0 Coyote Motor was suppos-to be Hard as Nails, I saw it on TV when they had the Motor so HOT the Exhaust manifold was Glowing Orange, No Problems....boy they had me Going and Drooling.
Now again this is a Mustang V6 Talk Section, but many on here Including Me were thinking of getting a New Stang with the 5.0, so I hope this Thread stays here and is'nt moved as it's something all should see.
Now this has'nt happened to all 2011 5.0's but enough of them to warrant some concern, and most live in Cold Climates and experience the Knock in Colder Weather. The Owners of this Problem Motor have also Tested New 5.0's on the Dealer Lot and have heard this knock also, so it's out there and I hope FORD helps those that have this Problem and dont leave em hanging out to dry and only fix the problem for the 2012's, I feel for you Guy's:bigthumbsup
So befor you Buy anything do some Research, and dont just assume just becasue it's New it's all good, and dont believe everything you hear or see on TV, it's all Good Marketing to Sell you the Product. But ehat gets me more is when you Spend A-Lot of Money and have a Problem and go back to your Dealer they tell you it's Nothing when you know Dang Sure it is, and then your left wondering if it'll ever get resolved. There your Best Friend when you Buy a New Car but after that your just another Face in the Crowd.
So Chime in, any 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote Owners reading this, what have you found out, do you have this (Knock)?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's old news and FWIW mine doesn't knock. The GM LSx series motors have the same problems.
That's Great and Im glad your one of the Good Ones:bigthumbsup It may be Old News but it's New to me, I had no Idea of the Problem. I did read the Thread to the end and as of now there's still 5.0 Owners waiting for a answer from Ford on what there gonna do to help them out. The owners of the 5.0 GT's had there Stangs made in mid to late 2010, those were some of the ones with the problem, and also they lived in Colder Climates where the Engine is Real Cold at Start up, your less likely to hear the Problem even if you have it if you live where it's Warm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts